The Summer of _________! No, that's not a mistake. After you look at what we have going on this summer, we look forward to you filling in the blanks. Check out our recommended line-up for YOUR summer activities.
Woodrow Wilson Family Home | Let's Go!
Traveling to the coast? Here are some of South Carolina’s best known Lowcountry restaurants
H.L. Hunley Museum | Let's Go!
Lancaster | Our Town
Catawba Cultural Center | Let's Go!
The Reconstruction Amendments Trivia Quiz | History in a Nutshell
Webster’s Salamander | 50 Facts You May Not Know
Squirrels | 50 Facts You May Not Know
The Red Cockaded Woodpecker | 50 Facts You May Not Know
South Carolina Barbecue | Carolina Snaps
Let's Go Back...
Name that ETV Classic┃Quiz
Riverbanks Roundup: A Day in a Life (2012) | ETV Classics
Mary Long's Yesteryear: Penn Center (1990) | ETV Classics
The Garden Spot (1979) | ETV Classics
Studio See: Sailplanes (1977) | ETV Classics
The Summer of _________!
That’s right! After you look at what ETV Digital has going on this summer, we look forward to YOU filling in the blanks. Check out our recommended line-up for YOUR summer activities below.
SUMMER OF LEARNING
We hope you take some time to enjoy the summer, but don’t forget about using your vacation time for learning.
Carolina Snaps returns for Season Two on Tuesday, June 21, bringing you even more South Carolina people, places, and notable events in history...all in a snap! Watch these 60 second episodes on Tuesdays on Instagram Reels, Facebook, YouTube, scetv.org and the SCETV App.
Are you a history buff? The KnowItAll.org digital series, History in a Nutshell, will roll out over the summer on scetv.org. Learn about World War I, the Birth of the Constitution, the Space Race, and much more. These episodes have been rolling out on Fridays.
SUMMER OF EXPLORATION
Are you itching to take a road trip but not quite sure where to go? With the high gas prices, you don’t have to travel too far. You can visit the next county or explore your own town. Our digital series, Our Town, is the perfect way to discover more about places in the Palmetto State. Season Two premieres Thursday, July 14. Watch these episodes on Thursdays on Facebook, YouTube, scetv.org and the SCETV App.
If you don't want to travel in the hot weather, no problem. Enjoy the Let’s Go! tours on any of your devices or experience the virtual reality environment with a pair of VR goggles. Check recently featured tours and upcoming tours on Mondays.
We also invite you to tour the state by region by checking out our handy Stories by Regions map.
Do you want to explore nature, but avoid mosquitoes? Season One of What’s Wild is available now.
Have you taken a quiz recently on scetv.org? We have tons of quizzes covering topics like South Carolina Culture, South Carolina History, General History and more. Take a quiz today!
SUMMER OF NOSTALGIA
We were so excited about digging into the vault that ETV Classics became a 13-episode series featuring some of your favorite shows from South Carolina ETV. These hand-picked classics are available now at scetv.org and on the SCETV App.
Choose one of these paths or all of them at www.scetv.org/summer.
- Monday - Let’s Go!
- Tuesday - Carolina Snaps (starts June 21)
- Thursday - Our Town (starts July 14)
- Friday - History in a Nutshell, Brand NEW Quizzes
Find stories in your area
- Capital City & Lake Murray Country Saluda, Newberry, Richland & Lexington
- Historic Charleston Charleston & Dorchester
- Low Country & Resort Islands Hampton, Jasper, Beaufort & Colleton
- Myrtle Beach & Grand Strand Area Georgetown and Horry
- Old 96 District Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens & McCormick
- Olde English District Chester, Chesterfield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Union & York
- Pee Dee Country Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Lee, Marion, Marlboro &Williamsburg
- Santee Cooper Country Berkeley, Calhoun, Clarendon, Orangeburg & Sumter
- The Upcountry Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Oconee, Pickens & Spartanburg
- Thoroughbred Country Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg & Barnwell