COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) received a total of 13 Telly awards when the list of winners was released on Tuesday, May 25. The network was honored with six silver trophies and seven bronze trophies.
Now in its 42nd year, the Telly Awards annually showcase the best work created within television and across video for all screens. Receiving more than 12,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents, Telly Award winners represent work from some of the most respected advertising agencies, television stations, production companies and publishers from around the world.
Making it Grow, SCETV’s weekly, live-interactive television program about gardening received two awards for two different segments. This Week in South Carolina, the network’s weekly public affairs program, also received two awards – one for an episode covering the First in the South Primary and the other for an episode focused on the protests of racial injustice from last summer.
Please see below for a complete list of SCETV’s 2021 Telly Awards:
- Online Series – Education & Discovery: Our Town
- Non-Broadcast General – Health & Wellness: My Telehealth
- Social Video – Series: Travel & Tourism: Go For It
- Television General – History: We Have a Story to Tell: 350 Years of the South Carolina National Guard
- Television General – Motivational: Women Vision SC: Finding Our Voice
- Television Series – Cultural: By The River (Season Three)
- Online Series – Science & Technology: Let’s Go! Careers
- Television General – Miscellaneous: Making It Grow – The Joseph Manigault House
- Television General – Nature/Wildlife: Making It Grow – Macroinvertebrates
- Television General – Political/Commentary: This Week in South Carolina – First in the South Primary
- Television General – Social Impact: This Week in South Carolina – Race
- Television General – Social Responsibility: Palmetto Perspectives on Racial Injustice
- Television Live Events: South Carolina Democratic Primary Election Coverage
For more information on SCETV, visit www.scetv.org. A full list of the 42nd Annual Telly Awards winners can be found at www.tellyawards.com/winners.
“We have a highly dedicated and incredibly talented team at SCETV that works hard each and every day to tell the stories of South Carolinians and keep the people of this state informed and entertained. Although we don’t do what we do for awards and accolades, I’m proud to see our team get this recognition.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV has received 13 Telly awards – six silver trophies and seven bronze trophies.
- Now in its 42nd year, the Telly Awards annually showcase the best work created within television and across video for all screens.
- Two SCETV programs received multiple awards -- Making it Grow and This Week in South Carolina.
- The 42nd Annual Telly Awards winners were announced online Tuesday, May 25.
- A full list of the 42nd Annual Telly Awards winners can be found at www.tellyawards.com/winners.