Although the ongoing pandemic has made community engagement activities a challenge, a recent event hosted by South Carolina ETV (SCETV) and the ETV Endowment of South...
South Carolina ETV wins 12 Telly awards
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) received a total of 12 Telly awards when the list of winners was released on Wednesday, May 27. The network was honored with two silver trophies and 10 bronze trophies.
Now in its 41st year, the Telly Awards annually showcase the best work created within television and across video for all screens. Receiving more than 12,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents, Telly Award winners represent work from some of the most respected advertising agencies, television stations, production companies and publishers from around the world.
“Making it Grow,” SCETV’s weekly, live-interactive television program about gardening received three awards for three different segments – the most for any SCETV program this year. “Palmetto Scene,” the network’s weekly magazine series also received multiple awards – a silver award for an episode featuring a discussion with civil rights activist Cleveland Sellers and his son, former state legislator Bakari Sellers, and a bronze award in the Television-General History category.
Please see below for a complete list of SCETV’s 2020 Telly Awards:
- "Backroad Bites" in the Online Series-Documentary: Series category.
- The "Palmetto Scene" episode featuring a discussion with Bakari and Cleveland Sellers in the Television General-Diversity & Inclusion category.
- "Beyond Barbados: The Carolina Connection" in the Television General-Documentary: Individual category.
- The "Botanizing a Seep" segment from "Making it Grow” in the Television General-Nature/Wildlife category.
- "By the River" in the Television Craft-Set Design category.
- The "The Farm at Briggs Elementary" segment from "Making it Grow" in the Television General-Educational Institution category.
- "Let's GO!" in the Immersive & Mixed Reality Craft-Use of VR category.
- "Palmetto Scene” in the Television General-History category.
- "South Carolina Gubernatorial Debate" in the Television General-Government Relations category.
- "This Week in South Carolina" in the Television General-Political/Commentary category.
- The "Victorian Christmas at Historic Columbia" segment from "Making it Grow” in the Television General-Cultural category.
- "Women Vision SC" in the Television General-Public Interest/Awareness category.
“We have a tremendous team at SCETV that works hard each and every day to tell the stories of South Carolinians and keep the people of this state informed and entertained. Although we don’t do what we do for awards, I’m proud to see our team get the recognition they so rightfully deserve.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“Our primary mission is always to serve the people of this state, whether that be through an informative documentary, an immersive educational resource, a weekly television series or a multi-platform initiative. These accolades are a testament to the quality of content being produced by our team, and I look forward to seeing them build on these efforts in the years to come.” -SCETV Assistant General Manager Adrienne Fairwell, APR, CPM
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV has received 12 Telly awards – two silver trophies and 10 bronze trophies.
- Now in its 41st year, the Telly Awards annually showcase the best work created within television and across video for all screens.
- Two SCETV programs received multiple awards; “Making it Grow” was recognized with three bronze trophies and “Palmetto Scene” was the recipient of one silver trophy and one bronze trophy.
- “Backroad Bites,” SCETV’s inaugural Facebook-first series exploring small town eateries across the state, received the network’s other silver trophy.
- A full list of the 41st Annual Telly Awards winners can be found at www.tellyawards.com/winners.