Back to List

Timms Mill

January 17, 2019 - Posted in Local by Sean Flynn

 

Clemson Extension Agent Barbara Smith from the Clemson Home and Garden Information Center takes us to Timms Mill in Pendleton, SC and introduces us to the Wortham family. Timms Mill was originally built on the banks of the Six and Twenty Creek in 1784 and was in continuous use until 1960. Dr. David and Lisa Wortham purchased the property in 2001 and began the restoration process. Today, it grinds grits and cornmeal on Wednesdays and Saturdays for local restaurants, produce stands or for those who stop by. Visit the official website for more information.

Facebook comments

Related Posts

Dr. Thomas Dobbins, Associate Dean and Director of Clemson Extension explains to "Making It Grow" host Amanda McNulty how the different programs in Extension, from 4H to...