Nonprofit membership organization helps to ensure a strong public television system
South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) President and CEO Anthony Padgett has joined the 2024 America’s Public Television Stations (APTS) Board of Trustees.
In the announcement released today, SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett is the board’s sole, newly-elected trustee for APTS. APTS members are comprised of public television stations who play a leading role in developing public television’s legislative agenda and regulatory policies. The nonprofit membership organization ensures a strong and financially sound public television system and helps member stations provide essential public services in education, public safety and civic leadership to the American people.
Below is a full list of newly elected board leaders and re-elected board members.
Newly elected board leaders:
- Franz Joachim, General Manager and CEO of New Mexico PBS in Albuquerque, New Mexico, has been elected Chair.
- Dolores Fernandez Alonso, President and CEO of South Florida PBS in Miami, Florida, has been elected Professional Vice Chair.
- David Steward II, Immediate Past Board Chair of Nine PBS in St. Louis, Missouri, has been re-elected Lay Vice Chair.
- Anthony Padgett, President and CEO of SCETV in Columbia, South Carolina
Re-elected board members:
- Dolores Fernandez Alonso, President and CEO of South Florida PBS in Miami, Florida
- DeAnne Hamilton, Executive Director and General Manager of KBTC Public Television in Tacoma, Washington
- Dr. Laura Hunter, Station Manager and COO of Utah Education and Telehealth Network (UETN) and KUEN in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dax Schieffer, Lay Trustee of MontanaPBS in Bozeman, Montana
The officers and trustees will begin their term on Tuesday, February 28. More information about APTS can be found at apts.org.
“It’s an honor to be elected to the APTS Board of Trustees. By helping represent the voices of public television stations across the US, I hope to provide insight that will inform policies and resources that prepare us for the future landscape of public television.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
- SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett has joined the 2024 APTS Board of Trustees.
- Padgett is the board’s sole, newly-elected trustee.
- APTS members are comprised of public television stations who play a leading role in developing public television’s legislative agenda and regulatory policies.
- Officers and trustees will begin their term on Tuesday, February 28.
- More information about APTS can be found at apts.org.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) is the state's public educational broadcasting network. SCETV amplifies South Carolina voices, provides educational experiences and strengthens communities, while working toward creating a stronger, more connected and informed South Carolina. In addition to airing local programs, such as Carolina Classrooms, Making It Grow, and This Week in South Carolina, SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including By The River, Expeditions, Reconnecting Roots, Reel South, Somewhere South, Yoga in Practice and Live from Charleston Music Hall. In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.
SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett elected to APTS Board of Trustees (PDF)