If you are a nature lover, we have you covered with exclusive nature programming on SCETV Passport. South Carolina ETV's Digital and Media Operations teams have been hard at work since last summer bringing NatureScene online.
NatureScene was one of the most successful series produced by South Carolina ETV, taking viewers for a field trip in nature with naturalist Rudy Mancke from 1978 to 2003. Along with Rudy were hosts Beryl Dakers and Jim Welch, and Director of Photography Allen Sharpe.
With over 40 episodes available, SCETV Passport members can select from four regions of the United States - Southeast, Northeast, Southwest and Northwest.
- Episode 1: Congaree Swamp National Monument (1987)
- Episode 2: Everglades National Park (1985)
- Episode 3: Shenandoah National Park (1989)
- Episode 4: Appalachian Cove (1990)
- Episode 5: Big Cypress National Preserve (1996)
- Episode 6: Blanchard Springs (1986)
- Episode 7: Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge (1995)
- Episode 8: Cartwheel Bay (1988)
- Episode 9: Cataloochee, North Carolina (1989)
- Episode 10: Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge (1995)
- Episode 1: Acadia National Park (1989)
- Episode 2: Effigy Mounds National Monument (1992)
- Episode 3: The Adirondacks (1992)
- Episode 4: Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge (1990)
- Episode 5: Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge (1993)
- Episode 6: Cape Cod National Seashore (1995)
- Episode 7: Clifty Falls State Park (1987)
- Episode 8: Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge (1991)
- Episode 9: Flint Hills, Kansas (1987)
- Episode 10: Green Ridge State Forest (1993)
- Episode 1: Big Bend National Park (1993)
- Episode 2: Bryce Canyon National Park (1996)
- Episode 3: Carlsbad Caverns National Park (1996)
- Episode 4: Colorado National Monument (1987)
- Episode 5: Death Valley National Park (1995)
- Episode 6: Haleakala National Park (1994)
- Episode 7: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (1994)
- Episode 8: Saguaro National Monument (1986)
- Episode 9: Sequoia National Forest (1995)
- Episode 10: Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (1988)
- Episode 1: Badlands National Park (1988)
- Episode 2: Crater Lake National Park (1995)
- Episode 3: Denali National Park (2001)
- Episode 4: Denali National Park (1995)
- Episode 5: Devil's Tower National Monument (1988)
- Episode 6: Fossil Butte National Monument (1993)
- Episode 7: Glacier National Park (1992)
- Episode 8: Mt. Rainier National Park (1986)
- Episode 9: Mt. Saint Helens (1995)
- Episode 10: Redwood National Park (1990)
- Episode 11: Theodore Roosevelt National Park (1994)
- Episode 12: Yellowstone National park (1994)
We hope you enjoy this listing of episodes. Be on the lookout for additional episodes!
Check out these other nature shows produced by South Carolina ETV.
This digital series highlights South Carolina’s rarest wildlife and the amazing people who protect them. What's Wild returns for a second season starting Thursday, April 27, 2023.
Coastal Kingdom (Available on SCETV Passport)
Hosted by Tony Mills, this series explores the animals that reside in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Some of the animals featured include sharks, stingrays, rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths, and more!
Expeditions with Patrick McMillan (Available on SCETV Passport)
Hosted by the Emmy award-winning Dr. McMillan, viewers can follow the biologist’s adventures across the United States.
To find links and previews for more nature content, visit www.scetv.org/nature.
About SCETV Passport
SCETV Passport is a member benefit, which provides ETV Endowment members extended on-demand access to a rich library of high-quality television programming online and via mobile devices. One of many benefits provided to ETV Endowment members, SCETV Passport is available at the $75 or higher annual giving level, or with a Sustaining Star membership of at least $6.25 a month. JOIN TO WATCH