COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) today announced Dr. Salandra Bowman has been promoted to Chief Learning Officer – a transition that went into effect December 17. She previously served as the agency’s director of Training and Research.
In her new role, Dr. Bowman is responsible for educator and community-based training and professional development, instructional design and the educational resources provided through SCETV’s premier educational website, KnowItAll.org. She will serve as the lead liaison to the network’s Content division as it pertains to educational (PreK-12) productions, community engagement efforts and the integration of learning activities into general audience productions.
Since joining the team at SCETV in 2019, Dr. Bowman has led the implementation of multiple new initiatives, including 21st Century Learners Week, Ready to Learn Engagement, At-Home Learning and the SCETV Kids Club. She has produced multiple projects specific to her passions around youth engagement and equity and access in education, including SOLHOT: Guideposts for Black Girlhood Celebration and Conversations with Crescent. Dr. Bowman was recently appointed to the PBS Children’s Media and Education Advisory Council.
She received her bachelor’s degree in English from the University of South Carolina, her master’s degree in African American and African Studies from The Ohio State University and her doctorate in Educational Foundations from the University of South Carolina.
Education is at the core of SCETV’s mission, and the creation of the CLO position reimagines the way that Education is positioned within the agency, helping to ensure that learning outcomes are incorporated into content, as applicable, across various programming platforms.
For more information on SCETV, visit www.scetv.org.
“Established in the classroom more than six decades ago, education remains at the core of SCETV’s mission as an agency. With this new position we’ll be able to increase synergy around that mission, ensuring that educational outcomes are considered and pursued wherever applicable. I congratulate Dr. Bowman on being selected to fill this new position and look forward to watching she and her team build upon their efforts to support education in South Carolina.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“SCETV has a long history of expanding learning opportunities in our state. I look forward to serving in this role, building upon current successes and seeking collaborative opportunities to advance learning outcomes for South Carolina’s students, educators and families.” –SCETV Chief Learning Officer Dr. Salandra Bowman
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV today announced a new role of Chief Learning Officer.
- Dr. Salandra Bowman who previously served as the agency’s director of Training and Research, has been elevated to the new role.
- The new position oversees educator and community-based training and professional development, instructional design and the educational resources provided through SCETV’s premier educational website, KnowItAll.org.
- Since joining the agency in 2019, Dr. Bowman has led the implementation of numerous new initiatives and produced many youth-centered media projects.
- The creation of this CLO position reimagines the way that education is positioned within the agency and helps to ensure that learning outcomes are incorporated into content, as applicable, across our various programming platforms.