COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) today announced Tabitha Safdi, who has served the agency for 16 years, has been promoted to Chief Content Officer. Prior to accepting this new role, she held the title, director of Digital Strategies for SCETV. The transition will be effective November 17.
Safdi’s new position, chief content officer, oversees the agency’s Content team and its programs and initiatives. Including television, radio and digital; the Content vertical comprises production, programming and traffic.
During her time with the network, Safdi has produced countless documentaries, projects and stories, such as Born to Rebel: Driven to Excel, Zip Code: Your Neighborhood, Your Health and digital series, such as Backroad Bites, From the Sky, Our Town and Original SC.
Safdi holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communications from the University of South Carolina and a master’s degree in organizational change and leadership from Columbia College. She is a Riley Fellow of Furman University’s Diversity Leaders Initiative, a 2017 graduate of Leadership Columbia and currently serves as chair of the PBS Digital Media Advisory Council.
Established to continue the growth and diversification of SCETV’s content and audience, the creation of this position speaks to the network’s commitment to align all content-related efforts and activities to assure the maximum possible effectiveness and efficiency.
For more information on SCETV, visit www.scetv.org.
“As we continue to adjust our organizational structure to ensure SCETV remains a vital public media network both in the near and distant future, I’m proud to tap one of our own to fill such a critical leadership position. Content production is at the core of who we are as an organization, and I look forward to all that our team will achieve under Tabitha’s leadership.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“The heart of our community are the stories of our past and conversations of the present. I’m committed to convening those conversations of impact, highlighting our culture through stories and preserving South Carolina’s past for our future.” –SCETV Chief Content Officer Tabitha Safdi
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV today announced the new position of Chief Content Officer
- Tabitha Safdi, who previously served as the agency’s director of Digital Strategies, has assumed the role.
- The chief content officer position will oversee the network’s Content team, which includes television, radio and digital production and programming.
- Most recently, Safdi has served as SCETV’s director of Digital Strategies.
- The creation of this position speaks to the network’s commitment to align all content-related efforts and activities to assure the maximum possible effectiveness and efficiency.