COLUMBIA, S.C. – Discover Daufuskie, tag along on a Charleston ghost tour and get a glimpse at colonial life in South Carolina in the latest season of the travel series produced by South Carolina ETV (SCETV) and the Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism (SCPRT).
Go For It brings viewers along for the ride as SCPRT Digital Engagement Manager, Devyn Whitmire, takes on iconic and unique experiences across the Palmetto State for the first time. The show aims to inspire locals and visitors to try something new in South Carolina.
This season will highlight wakeboarding in Rock Hill’s SouthTown Wake Park, a family day at Emerald Farms, the Myrtle Beach Skywheel, antiquing in the Capital City and more experiences across the state.
Season two of Go For It launches on Thursday, Oct. 7 on the @Discover_SC Instagram page through Instagram TV and the @SouthCarolinaETV Facebook page and will run for 10 weeks. It also will be featured on other platforms like YouTube, and blog posts on DiscoverSouthCarolina.com will accompany each episode.
For more information on the series, visit www.scetv.org/watch/go-for-it.
“When the first season was released last fall, it came at a moment when people were either ready to get out of the house and try something new, or ready to make plans for future travel,” Whitmire said. “We were able to connect with thousands of viewers, and lead them on these first-time journeys in some of the places that make South Carolina special. Season two is packed full with more iconic Palmetto State experiences for locals and visitors to add to their itineraries.” –SCPRT Digital Engagement Manager Devyn Whitmire
“From the beautiful beaches of the Lowcountry to the charming mountain communities of the Upstate, and everything in between, South Carolina has so much to offer. We’re proud to collaborate with SCPRT to showcase 10 more of the state’s most popular activities and locations with the second season of ‘Go For It.’ And we hope this digital series continues to inspire South Carolinians to check out the cool things they can do in their own backyard.” –SCETV Director of Digital Strategies Tabitha Safdi
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV and SCPRT are launching season two of the travel series Go For It Thursday, October 7.
- A collaboration between the two state agencies, the digital series is hosted by SCPRT Digital Engagement Manager Devyn Whitmire.
- The second season features 10 episodes, and the agencies will release one each Thursday on social media, starting this week.
- This season will highlight wakeboarding in Rock Hill’s SouthTown Wake Park, a family day at Emerald Farms, the Myrtle Beach Skywheel, antiquing in the Capital City and more experiences across the state.
- For more information on the series, visit www.scetv.org/watch/go-for-it.