COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) and Public Radio (SC Public Radio) this weekend received three first-place awards and eight second-place awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association of the Carolinas (RTDNAC). The awards were presented during a virtual ceremony held Saturday, October 30.
The three first-place award recipients were:
- In the Radio Hard News Feature category – Lowcountry Principal Shines in the National Spotlight by Victoria Hansen
- In the Radio Health-Medicine category – Seniors Struggle to Get Vaccination Appointments by Victoria Hansen
- In the Radio Outstanding News Operation category – South Carolina Public Radio
The eight second-place award recipients were:
- In the Radio Entertainment category – Charlestonian’s KISS Collection Donated to Library by Tut Underwood
- In the Radio General News category – Are Female Cops the Answer We’re Looking For by Scott Morgan
- In the Radio Hard News Feature category – A Community Effort to Pay the Bills in Greenville by Scott Morgan
- In the Radio Health-Medicine category – Researcher Finds Possible COVID Warning in Sewage by Tut Underwood
- In the Radio Light Feature category – USC Library Acquires Major Comic Book Collection by Tut Underwood
- In the Radio Podcast (Long) category – SC Lede: COVID-19 from the Frontlines – A Relentless Assault by Gavin Jackson, A.T. Shire, Sean Birch and Aimee Crouch
- In the Radio Political/Election category – Graham-Harrison Senate Race is Expensive by Russ McKinney
- In the Radio Reporter of the Year category – Victoria Hansen
In total, the SC Public Radio team received 11 awards during Saturday’s virtual ceremony. Reaching more than 300,000 listeners each week, the network offers two formats – News/Talk and News/Music – and operates eight transmitters across the state. For more on SC Public Radio, visit www.southcarolinapublicradio.org.
For a full list of all 2021 RTDNAC award recipients, click here.
“As South Carolina’s statewide public media network, a primary component of our mission is to empower the citizens of this state with up-to-date, accurate information. These accolades from the RTDNAC are proof that our team isn’t just accomplishing that task, they’re doing so with excellence.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“I couldn’t be prouder of our entire SC Public Radio team. Comprised of eight reporters located across the state, this exceptional group works hard day-in and day-out to deliver stories that matter and report news that impacts the lives of our listeners.” –SCETV Assistant General Manager Dr. Stephanie Frazier
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SC Public Radio has received three first-place awards and eight second-place awards from the RTDNAC.
- The awards were announced during a virtual ceremony on Saturday, October 30.
- Outstanding News Operation was among the network’s three first-place awards.
- Reaching more than 300,000 listeners each week, SC Public Radio offers two formats – News/Talk and News/Music – and operates eight transmitters across the state.
- For a full list of all 2021 RTDNAC award recipients, click here.