COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Public Radio (SC Public Radio) today announced the launch of its revamped website – southcarolinapublicradio.org. Redesigned to better meet the needs of all South Carolinians, the new site builds on the network’s mission to serve as a top source for both local and national news.
With six reporters providing statewide news coverage, residents across the state can utilize the new site to access the very latest news stories and radio newscasts, which are uploaded to the site continuously.
In recognition of the ever-changing media landscape, the website features livestreams of the network’s two radio formats: News & Talk and News & Music. It also offers a wealth of on-demand audio, so listeners can access their favorite programs on their schedule.
In addition, the all-new southcarolinapublicradio.org allows for listeners to better engage with the station and its most recognizable personalities through music playlists, quizzes and behind-the-scenes content.
Although SC Public Radio is celebrating the launch of this revamped platform this week, the new site was actually published as part of a soft launch this past spring. This new site is the third online platform South Carolina ETV and Public Radio have revamped in 2021. Earlier this year, the agency launched updated versions of scetv.org and KnowItAll.org.
To view SC Public Radio’s redesigned website, visit southcarolinapublicradio.org.
“As South Carolina’s primary storyteller and statewide source for news, we aim to equip the citizens of this state with the information they need and content that makes a difference. The all-new southcarolinapublicradio.org is an excellent example of this. We look forward to utilizing the resources and increased capability this site offers as we strengthen our efforts to meet the needs of our audience.” -SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“With the redesign of our website, we will be able to treat our listeners to more of what they’ve come to love from SC Public Radio – charming local stories, up-to-date news, the best music and insightful discussion.” -SC Public Radio Director of Programming Sean Birch
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SC Public Radio is celebrating the launch of its revamped website – www.southcarolinapublicradio.org.
- With the new site, residents across the state can stay informed by accessing the very latest news stories and radio newscasts, which are uploaded to the site continuously.
- The revamped site allows listeners to better engage with the station and its most recognizable personalities through music playlists, quizzes and behind-the-scenes content.
- In recognition of the ever-changing media landscape, the all-new site also offers livestreams of both radio formats and a wealth of on-demand audio.
- This is the third online platform South Carolina ETV and Public Radio have revamped in 2021 as the agency launched updated versions of scetv.org and KnowItAll.org earlier this year.