COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina ETV (SCETV) today announced plans to premiere From The Sky, a new digital series exploring the aerial perspective of some of the state’s landmarks and other interesting locations. Combining rare, breathtaking views with a bit of history, the show’s inaugural season will feature 10 episodes, with a new one premiering on the agency’s Facebook page each Thursday at 1 p.m. starting January 21.
Following each episode’s debut on Facebook, that episode will be uploaded to www.scetv.org/fromthesky, as well as the agency’s other social media platforms. Please see below for an episode listing and premiere dates:
- January 21: Lake Jocassee
- January 28: Charleston Harbor
- February 4: South Carolina Ruins
- February 11: Sassafras Mountain
- February 18: City of Columbia
- February 25: Charleston Tea Garden
- March 4: Highway 81
- March 11: Brookgreen Gardens
- March 18: Sandhill
- March 25: Hunting Island
Filmed in late 2019 and throughout 2020, From The Sky was produced by SCETV’s Tabitha Safdi and Charles Dymock. Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of this new series are encouraged to use the #FromTheSky and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For additional information on From The Sky and to watch all released episodes after they premiere, visit www.scetv.org/fromthesky.
“As we aim to serve all South Carolinians, we recognize that many don’t watch traditional, scheduled television programming. That’s why the continued development of digital content is a top priority for SCETV. We’re excited to launch this new, educational series next week and look forward to giving viewers a fresh view of some of their favorite Palmetto State locations.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“‘From The Sky’ is more than a series that simply encapsulates the beauty of South Carolina’s diverse geography and iconic landmarks. It features stories that paint a narrative to which, I hope, viewers can connect, reflect and find uniting ties through the history and wonder of our great state.” –SCETV Director of Digital Strategies Tabitha Safdi
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV is launching From The Sky, a new digital series, next Thursday, January 21 on social media.
- Combining rare, breathtaking views with a bit of history, this series explores the aerial perspective of some of the state’s landmarks and other interesting locations.
- New episodes of From The Sky will premiere on the agency’s Facebook page each Thursday at 1 p.m., starting January 21.
- Following each episode’s debut on Facebook, that episode will be uploaded to scetv.org, as well as the agency’s other social media platforms.
- Filmed in late 2019 and throughout 2020, From The Sky was produced by SCETV’s Tabitha Safdi and Charles Dymock.