COLUMBIA, S.C. – The ETV Endowment of South Carolina (ETV Endowment) has earned a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for the 10th consecutive year and received a perfect score of 100 for the first time ever.
The world's largest and most trusted nonprofit evaluator, Charity Navigator bases its ratings on non-profits’ financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency. Only the top three percent of charities evaluated by Charity Navigator have received the coveted four-star rating for 10 consecutive years.
Established in 1977, the ETV Endowment has partnered with South Carolina ETV (SCETV) to bring exceptional public media programming to South Carolina, national and even international audiences for more than four decades. In fact, since inception, the ETV Endowment has provided approximately $252 million in support of SCETV and South Carolina Public Radio programming.
In 2021 alone, member donations to the ETV Endowment have supported local television and radio programs, such as Making It Grow, Walter Edgar’s Journal, ColaJazz Presents and Sisterhood: SC Suffragists. With a membership of more than 40,000 individuals, that support has also funded locally-produced, nationally-distributed projects, such as How She Rolls and Downing of a Flag.
“We couldn’t be more proud of our friends at the ETV Endowment for achieving another four-star rating from Charity Navigator. With such an exceptional partner supporting public media in South Carolina, we’ll be able to continue to document, preserve and share our state’s stories for generations to come.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“We are proud to have received this prestigious rating. The ETV Endowment is dedicated to being good stewards of the gifts entrusted to us, and we are excited that Charity Navigator has recognized us in such a significant way.” –ETV Endowment Executive Director Coby Cartrette Hennecy
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- The ETV Endowment of South Carolina (ETV Endowment) has earned a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for the 10th consecutive year
- This marks the first time ever that the ETV Endowment has received a perfect score of 100.
- The ETV Endowment is ranked in the top three percent of charities nationwide.
- Since inception, the ETV Endowment has provided approximately $252 million in support of SCETV and South Carolina Public Radio programming.
- The ETV Endowment currently has a membership of more than 40,000 individuals.