COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV) today announced that the network is currently accepting nominations for year two of its “Women Vision SC” initiative. All nominations are to be submitted by July 17. A panel of judges will then vote on the finalists, which will be highlighted next spring across SCETV’s various platforms.
Established by former SCETV President and CEO Linda O’Bryon, who also serves as the project’s executive producer, “Women Vision SC” is an initiative that focuses on issues affecting women throughout the state and nation. It also provides a platform to highlight trailblazing women that have made an impact, as well as the generation of young people pursuing public service for their communities and South Carolina.
The inaugural “Women Vision SC” project recognized 11 women, including former South Carolina Chief Justice Jean Toal and former South Carolina Superintendent of Education Inez Tenenbaum. Year two of “Women Vision SC” is especially poignant as 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment, which granted women the right to vote.
To submit a nomination or learn more about “Women Vision SC,” visit www.scetv.org/womenvisionsc.
“I’m proud of the work we did to highlight some of South Carolina’s trailblazing women during the first year of ‘Women Vision SC.’ However, there are many more game-changing women in this state that deserve recognition, and that’s why we’re excited to kick off year two of this important initiative.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“This project truly is a labor of love and couldn’t come at a more appropriate time in our nation’s history. I encourage the citizens of this state to nominate women they believe have made a real impact. There are so many important stories to be told, and this project helps us shine a light on those stories and women who have made a difference in their community or the state at large.” –Former SCETV President and CEO and “Women Vision SC” Executive Producer Linda O’Bryon
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV is now accepting nominations for year two of “Women Vision SC.”
- “Women Vision SC” is an initiative that focuses on issues affecting women throughout the state and nation, providing a platform to highlight trailblazing women that have made an impact.
- The deadline to submit a nomination is July 17.
- A panel of judges will vote on the finalists, which will be highlighted next spring across SCETV’s various platforms.
- To submit a nomination or learn more about “Women Vision SC,” visit www.scetv.org/womenvisionsc.