William I. Richardson
William Ira Richardson has accrued an impressive body of broadcasting and production experience during his career at ETV. He began his career at WRJA in Sumter, and moved to WRET in Spartanburg as a producer/director in 1985.
Richardson has also held the distinction of being an adjunct professor of Advanced Video Production at USC Upstate. He has served on the South Carolina State Budget and Control Board's State Employee Grievance Committee.
Active in the community, he has served on the board of directors for the Spartanburg YMCA; the Spartanburg Bethlehem Center, the Carolina Foothills Artisan Center and a Spartanburg Chamber of Commerce Workforce committee. He is also a graduate of the Spartanburg Chamber of Commerce's "Leadership Spartanburg Program.”
Richardson lives in Spartanburg, SC.
November 14, 2023Pacolet, South Carolina started as a railroad stop called Pacolet Station. Later a large textile mill was built in the area, becoming the center point of activity for a large majority of the town. The mill provided amenities to workers like childcare ahead of its time...
October 31, 2023Ann C. Dreher, professor of Theater at USC, discusses Longstreet Theatre, and tells of the building's past uses as a hospital and a morgue, as well as a seminary. When people are there at night, the sounds of doors being slammed and of the floor creaking are heard. There are...
October 30, 2023Stede Bonnet, the Gentleman Pirate, was executed on December 10, 1718. In the Legend of The Bouquet, we learn that on the day of his execution, after a foiled escape attempt, he was escorted to the gallows, heavily guarded by soldiers. Following them to the gallows was a...
October 20, 2023The building that now houses the Pendleton District Commission was built in 1850. In 1870, the Hunter family bought it and opened the Hunter's Store, owned by the Hunter brothers. In the 1890s, there was a gentleman who was inebriated, and was riding a horse and fell into...
October 13, 2023The house was built in 1855 by the mayor of Union. In about 1900, the house was named the Merridun. The house was bought in 1990, and the owners started working on it in 1992. They started seeing a lady in a gray dress, and they began finding shiny pennies on the floor...