Nestle in this winter and warm up your career with an ETV LEARN renewal credit course beginning this month! Choose from more than 30 courses, including a NEW course and a Read to Succeed (R2S) course.
R2S course: Instructional Practices
- Course title: RDLA267 Teaching Phonics and Spelling for Beginning and Transitional Readers, Second Edition
- Registration period: NOW through Jan 26, 2023
- Coursework Period: Jan 23 - Mar 5, 2023
- This course is NOT self-paced; it requires active participation through a 6-week period, however, there are no set login days or times.
- Cost: $265, Credits: Approved by the SCDoE to earn 60 Renewal Credits (NO graduate credit)
- This course is primarily intended for K-3 educators, however the SCDoE has approved the course as a R2S course for ALL educators.
* Our R2S Content Area Reading & Writing course will begin in March; stay tuned!
Self-paced Renewal Courses
- 30+ self-paced courses offered including a NEW course, SC & the Arts: Creating a Diverse, Unique Heritage
- Registration period: Jan 6 - Feb 10, 2023
- Coursework period: Jan 20 - Feb 28, 2023
- Cost: $75/each, Credits: Approved by the SCDoE to earn 20 Renewal Credits each (NO graduate credit).
- Check out our FREE course offer below!
Our self-paced courses – facilitated online and accessible 24/7 – are offered on a variety of subjects. Warm up with a content-rich PD course that provides engaging, worthwhile learning! Consider our latest courses (see the descriptions below) or be inspired by our Women Vision SC courses which provide interesting content for Women’s History in March. Other popular course offerings include a walk through the writing process with authors connected to our state, fun storytelling, SC-focused social studies, more natural history with Rudy, the arts and career connections, and general education courses.
SC & the Arts: Creating a Diverse, Unique Heritage (NEW Winter 2023)
This course, good for arts educators and all lovers of our state’s history, is designed to enhance our knowledge of the relationship between SC history and the arts - all of which have helped create a diverse and unique heritage. Home to a wealth of artists in all genres, architecturally interesting places, and dynamic folk traditions, our state, geographically and culturally diverse, has been shaped by the arts throughout our history. (For all subjects/grades)
Exploring Naturalists Impacting SC & Beyond (NEW Fall 2022)
This course, with SC naturalist Rudy Mancke, combines history, natural history, art, and science … rolled into one, an interdisciplinary approach. It provides informative and inspiring PD, outlining a variety of naturalists plus integrating geographic and flora/fauna information on related areas in our state. Learning with Rudy is engaging and fun! (For all subjects/grades)
Free Course Offer:
The first 20 educators to enroll in at least ONE 20 Renewal Credit course in our winter session may request ONE of the following courses FREE in the same session:
- SC & the Arts: Creating a Diverse, Unique Heritage
- one of the SC Chronicles courses
- one of Rudy Mancke’s Natural History courses
To receive the offer: Enroll in at least ONE course, then promptly email firstname.lastname@example.org the title of the course you enrolled in AND the title of the free course you want from the list above. Be sure to also include your name, address, and school/district if applicable. *You may only receive ONE free course.
View all courses with descriptions via scetv.org/teacher-recertification.
Stay up-to-date on SCETV professional development courses and opportunities via our ETV Education monthly e-newsletter, the Education RoundUp (subscribe here).
Questions/Help: email@example.com or 888-761-8132 (or local 803-737-9915 or 803-737-3245)