If you're an educator looking to integrate PBL into your classroom, TeacherStep courses can help you transform your teaching methods.
In today's dynamic educational landscape, teachers are constantly seeking innovative ways to engage students and enhance their learning experiences. Project-Based Learning (PBL) has emerged as a powerful pedagogical approach that encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, and active participation.
These graduate-level courses, titled “Innovative Perspectives in Teaching Mathematics” provides important instruction in the implementation of higher-order thinking skills, specifically for teachers of students in elementary, middle-school and high-school mathematics classrooms. Educators will examine strategies and skills to engage creatively mathematics students and master teaching techniques appropriate for the implementation of instructional methods based on current research regarding teaching and learning.
Benefits of Project-Based Learning:
- Real-World Relevance: PBL engages students in authentic, real-world problems and scenarios, helping them see the direct application of their learning. This relevance increases motivation and enthusiasm for learning.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving: PBL challenges students to think critically, analyze information, and solve complex problems. These skills are essential in the modern workforce and in navigating everyday life.
- Collaboration and Communication: PBL encourages teamwork and effective communication, fostering interpersonal skills that are invaluable in both educational and professional settings.
- Lifelong Learning: PBL instills a love of learning by promoting curiosity and self-directed inquiry. Students become active participants in their education, setting them on a path of lifelong learning and personal growth.
- Meeting Diverse Learning Needs: PBL can be adapted to accommodate various learning styles and abilities, making it an inclusive approach to education.
- Preparation for the Future: In a rapidly changing world, PBL equips students with the adaptability and resilience needed to thrive in the workforce and society.
Each course features:
- 3 graduate credits per class
- Self-paced learning
- 9 month window for completion
- $50 Amazon Gift Card with each course in October
Visit TeacherStep.com for more information.