South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) is proud to announce the network’s nomination for 10 Public Media Awards presented by the National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA).
Each year, the Public Media Awards honor NETA member stations’ work in the categories of community engagement, content, education, and marketing and communications. Entries must have been created, produced, published or broadcast between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
With the exception of the overall excellence categories, stations from across the U.S. compete within divisions based on station size. Awards were judged by a group of expert panelists from within the public media system, as well as industry professionals working outside of public media.
SCETV programs chosen as finalists for 55th Annual Public Media Awards and their categories include:
- History in a Nutshell: Educational Resources for the Classroom
- Reconstruction360: Innovation in Education
- SCETV Safe Space: Community Initiative
- SCETV Safe Space: Local Project
- Anagama Kiln (a feature segment from Making It Grow): Visual Arts
- InDebted: Podcast
- Crab Bank is back as a beacon for saving seabirds: Radio, Environment
- SCETV Safe Space: Promotion
- After Action Social Media Campaign: Social Media
- SCETV Safe Space Social Media Campaign: Social Media
Winners for the 55th Annual Public Media Awards will be announced at the at the 2023 NETA Conference and CPB Public Media Thought Leader Forum in Grand Rapids, MI on Sept. 10.
For more information on the Public Media Awards and to view the full list of finalists, visit the NETA website.
“We are thrilled and honored that our commitment to producing high-quality content that engages, educates and resonates with our diverse audience is being recognized by our nomination for 10 Public Media Awards. This distinction highlights our dedication to creating impactful stories that reflect the truth and significance of our community's experiences.” –SCETV Assistant General Manager/Deputy Director Dr. Stephanie Cook
- SCETV received nominations for 10 2023 Public Media Awards.
- Winners will be announced at the 2023 NETA Conference and CPB Public Media Thought Leader Forum in Grand Rapids, MI on Sept. 10.
- The Public Media Awards honor NETA member stations’ work in the categories of community engagement, content, education, and marketing and communications.
- For more information on the Public Media Awards, visit the NETA website.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) is the state's public educational broadcasting network. SCETV amplifies South Carolina voices, provides educational experiences and strengthens communities, while working toward creating a stronger, more connected and informed South Carolina. In addition to airing local programs, such as Carolina Classrooms, Making It Grow, and This Week in South Carolina, SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including By The River, After Action, Reconnecting Roots, Reel South, Somewhere South, Yoga in Practice and How She Rolls. In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.