Continuing its journey into American history, the half-hour series Reconnecting Roots is returning for Season 3 on ETV-HD, premiering on April 20 at 8:30 p.m. Hosted by Gabe McCauley, the weekly, eight-episode series continues reconnecting Americans to their roots with exciting new topics including the history of baseball, bourbon and Hollywood. Joined by guest such as Mike Rowe, Ben Stein and Astronaut Shane Kimbrough, McCauley looks at our past, uncovers how we got here and searches for the values worth holding on to.
Reconnecting Roots is also being distributed nationally by American Public Television (APT) to viewers of public television across the U.S. The program will begin airing on public television stations across the U.S. in April. Viewers outside of South Carolina should check their local listings.
Reconnecting Roots host Gabe McCauley is an actor and film director as well as the founder of the production company, lilDRAGON. He has directed over seven seasons of television, hundreds of commercials, music videos and the feature film, Heaven Bound. As the host of Reconnecting Roots, McCauley combines his own comedic personality with his passion for telling stories with purpose.
Below is a glimpse into each episode of Reconnecting Roots Season 3:
- Episode 301: Space: The Final Frontier - Gabe visits the Johnson Space Center and chats with an astronaut.
- Episode 302: Energy: Enter the Matrix - From whale oil to nuclear energy, Gabe finds out just what it takes to give power to the people.
- Episode 303: Dollar: Rise and Fall of the Dollar - Gabe visits Ben Stein to help make “cents” out of our money.
- Episode 304: Working: Working on a Dream - Special guest Mike Rowe helps Gabe figure out if working hard is worth all the hard work.
- Episode 305: Philanthropy: For the Love of Man - What happens when spreading the wealth is a little more complicated than simply writing a check?
- Episode 306: Bourbon: The Spirit of America - Gabe hikes the bourbon trail to learn how bourbon both changed America and was changed by it.
- Episode 307: Baseball: First Pitch - America’s pastime stepped up to the mound and pitched us all into the future.
- Episode 308: Hollywood: The Imagine Nation - Gabe takes a journey through cinema history to find out why celluloid holds a special place in America’s heart.
Produced by lilDRAGON and presented by South Carolina ETV, production funding for Reconnecting Roots is provided by Ranger Plant Corporation, Plain Values Magazine, Muletown Coffee Roasters, Taylor Stitch and Music Ranch Montana.
Reconnecting Roots premieres on SCETV on April 20 at 8:30 p.m. and continues to air weekly. More information on Reconnecting Roots and previous episodes can be found on the SCETV website.
“We’re excited for Season 3 of Reconnecting Roots because we know it will continue to engage a new generation of viewers while sharing intriguing facts from the past and encouraging us all to make a better future.” –SCETV Interim President and CEO Dr. Stephanie Cook
“SCETV is excited to present a third season of this innovative history series. It’s fun, quirky and, most of all, informative.” –SCETV Director of National Content and Regional Operations Don Godish
“Reconnecting Roots is a show designed to spark generational conversations and inspire learning while staying attached to the roots that made us. It’s important to reflect on the ancestry, legacy, customs and culture that brought us to the present as we continue to move forward, both technically and culturally.” –Reconnecting Roots Host Gabe McCauley
- Season 3 of Reconnecting Roots premieres on SCETV Thursday, April 20 at 8:30 p.m.
- Through culture and history, Reconnecting Roots puts a lens on American values before they’re lost to time with host Gabe McCauley.
- The series is produced by lilDRAGON and presented by SCETV.
- For more information on Reconnecting Roots, visit www.ReconnectingRoots.com or the SCETV website.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) is the state's public educational broadcasting network. SCETV amplifies South Carolina voices, provides educational experiences and strengthens communities, while working toward creating a stronger, more connected and informed South Carolina. In addition to airing local programs, such as Carolina Classrooms, Making It Grow, and This Week in South Carolina, SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including By The River, After Action, Reconnecting Roots, Reel South, Somewhere South, Yoga in Practice and How She Rolls. In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.
lilDRAGON is a Nashville video production company made of creatives inspired by unique challenges, who absolutely love storytelling and the production process. We’ve written, produced and directed videos of every length, style and type—feature films, music videos, TV ads, TV shows and more. We believe our very best work comes when we are given the room to be creative. This team is made up of some talented folks with things like degrees, ideas and bellies full of fire.
About American Public Television
American Public Television (APT) is the leading syndicator of high-quality, top-rated programming to the nation’s public television stations. Founded in 1961, APT distributes 250 new program titles per year and more than one-third of the top 100 highest-rated public television titles in the U.S. APT’s diverse catalog includes prominent documentaries, performance, dramas, how-to programs, classic movies, children’s series and news and current affairs programs. Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, America’s Test Kitchen From Cook’s Illustrated, AfroPoP, Rick Steves’ Europe, Pacific Heartbeat, Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street Television, Legacy List with Matt Paxton, Lidia’s Kitchen, Kevin Belton’s New Orleans Kitchen, Simply Ming, The Best of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, Live From the Artists Den, James Patterson’s Kid Stew and NHK Newsline are a sampling of APT’s programs, considered some of the most popular on public television. APT also licenses programs internationally through its APT Worldwide service and distributes Create®TV — featuring the best of public television's lifestyle programming — and WORLD™, public television’s premier news, science and documentary channel. To find out more about APT’s programs and services, visit APTonline.org.
SCETV series “Reconnecting Roots” returns for Season 3 with eight new episodes (PDF)