TeacherStep, a non-profit program offered by the ETV Endowment, has been a respected online teacher recertification and career development provider for more than 20 years.
Each TeacherStep course is developed by highly respected Ph.D educators with your needs and career in mind. The course organization and online support make success a priority with a consistent 95+ percent success rate. TeacherStep graduate courses even include lesson plans and materials you can begin using in the classroom right away. Best of all, classes are online and there are no on-campus meetings, allowing you to work at your own pace!
Frequently asked questions:
- Will an advanced degree increase my income?
Having an advanced degree can in fact increase your earning potential; moreover, it can also improve job satisfaction, career goals and your potential impact on student learning.
- What course topics does TeacherStep offer?
TeacherStep offers three ELA courses and 36 Math courses of which 14 are technology-based. The primary goals of each course are to introduce educators to the necessary skills to implement the Curriculum Standards for their state as they relate to instruction and to assist educators in becoming effective classroom teachers by using the most up-to-date materials and pedagogical techniques.
- What types of credit do TeacherStep courses offer?
- TeacherStep Graduate Credit Courses are offered in partnership with Converse University for 3 graduate credits per course. Upon completion of a graduate credit course, students may request a transcript from Converse University. Credits may be applied towards professional development, licensure renewal, career and salary advancement. All TeacherStep Graduate Credit Courses courses are 500 level or higher and offered as professional development education courses at the graduate level.
- TeacherStep Professional Development Courses are offered for 60 renewal credits per course towards license renewal. Upon completion of an advancement credit course, students can print a Professional Development Certificate from the Moodle e-Classroom site. It will also be automatically sent to the student by email upon course completion. Transcripts are not offered for Professional Development Courses. TeacherStep Professional Development courses and are not applicable for a degree and are not graduate level courses.
- Are TeacherStep courses accredited?
All TeacherStep Graduate Credit Courses are accredited through Converse University. Converse University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master's, and educational specialist degrees.
- When can I register for a course?
Our courses have rolling admissions and you may enroll in any course at your convenience.
- How long do I have to complete the course?
From your enrollment date, you have up to nine months to complete a course.
- How many courses can I enroll in?
Courses may be taken concurrently; you can enroll in as many TeacherStep courses as you would like. TeacherStep now offers a group discount for anyone or any group ordering three or more courses.
- Is TeacherStep offering any special promotions in April?
- TeacherStep is offering a $50 gift card with every course enrollment in April, including both Graduate Credit and Professional Development courses.
- In addition to the $50 gift with each course, TeacherStep also offers an extra $25 gift card for every successful referral in April.
- TeacherStep also offers a separate, generous discount for group purchases of three or more courses in April (not valid with other offers).
- What is your refund policy?
You may request a full refund within seven business days of registration – provided you have not begun any coursework in Moodle. After seven business days following registration, no refunds will be issued regardless of whether you have accessed the course in Moodle. Once you have begun the course in Moodle, regardless of your registration date, no refunds will be issued.
"I now feel that I am able to implement the standards within my classroom and will be able to communicate my enthusiasm to other teachers." — Karen Howle, South Carolina
Explore TeacherStep courses now.