Experience engaging summer professional development with ETV LEARN!
Choose from one Read to Succeed (R2S) course or 30+ self-paced courses (with a free course offer to boot!). Traveling this summer? No problem; you can access your course anywhere, anytime 24/7!
R2S COURSE: Instructional Practices
- Course title: RDLA267 Teaching Phonics and Spelling for Beginning and Transitional Readers, Second Edition
- Registration period: NOW through June 29, 2023 *or sooner if seats fill up
- Coursework Period: June 26 - August 13, 2023 (includes extra week for July 4th holiday)
- This course is NOT self-paced; it requires active participation each week, however, there are no set login days or times.
- Cost: $265, Credits: Approved by the SCDoE to earn 60 Renewal Credits (NO graduate credit)
- This course is primarily intended for K-3 educators, however the SCDoE has approved the course as a R2S course for ALL educators.
SELF-PACED RENEWAL COURSES
- 30+ online, self-paced courses offered
- Registration period: NOW - July 24, 2023
- Coursework period: July 1 - August 15, 2023
- Cost: $75/each
- Credits: Approved by the SCDoE to earn 20 Renewal Credits each (NO graduate credit)
- Check out our FREE course offer below!
The first 20 educators to enroll in at least ONE 20 renewal credit course in our summer session may request ONE of the following courses FREE in the same session:
- Women Vision SC, Series I or II
- Between the Waters, Series I or II
- Exploring Naturalists Impacting SC & Beyond
- SC & the Arts: Creating a Diverse, Unique Heritage
To receive the free course offer: Enroll in at least ONE course, then promptly email firstname.lastname@example.org the title of the course you enrolled in AND the title of the free course you want from the list above. Be sure to also include your name, address, and school/district if applicable. *You may only receive ONE free course no matter how many you purchase.
This summer, would you like to:
- Learn how storytelling can engage + increase literacy skills?
Try our Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling course in which tellers share stories from folktales to own creations as well as give tips on techniques for building plot, characterization, conclusion, and using music and sign language.
- Learn from outstanding educators who care and share?
Check out our new Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series III course. Topics include: STEAM, education equity, reading to learn, and career education. The course also explores free resources to support teaching and learning.
- Learn how to make impactful connections?
Try our NEW course, SC & the Arts: Creating a Diverse, Unique Heritage, that allows us to explore interesting people and places, all areas of the arts and more. This course is good for SC history buffs and arts educators, plus anyone who loves our state!
- Get inspired by professionals with arts-related careers and innovative SC women?
Check out The Arts and Career Connections and Women Vision SC which was framed around the anniversary of the 19th Amendment. These courses address SCANS skills plus provide advice and encouragement for students.
- Learn how to engage students in the world around them to make learning fun?
Try our Natural History in North America & Beyond courses, featuring South Carolina naturalist Rudy Mancke, that explore distinctive geography and a variety of plant and animal life along with their habitats to relate connections. Or try our already popular new course with Rudy – Exploring Naturalists Impacting SC & Beyond!
View ALL courses with descriptions via scetv.org/teacher-recertification.
Stay up-to-date on SCETV professional development courses and opportunities via our ETV Education monthly e-newsletter, the Education RoundUp (subscribe here).
Questions/Help: email@example.com or 888-761-8132 (or local 803-737-9915 or 803-737-3245)