Ten-episodes will spotlight local eateries across South Carolina
South Carolina ETV and Public Radio (SCETV) today announced the premiere of a new season of its digital series, Backroad Bites. Featuring ten, three to five-minute episodes, the new season will spotlight local eateries in South Carolina. Each episode will premiere Tuesdays at 1 p.m. on the network’s Facebook page, YouTube channel and website, starting Tuesday, September 20. Additionally, five broadcast versions of the episodes will air Thursdays on ETV starting October 6 at 8:30 p.m.
This new season spotlights the delectable take-out options available across South Carolina, while underscoring the importance of community to these local restaurants. The series looks at South Carolina culture through the context of food, from one of the last remaining hash houses in Union County, to lowcountry seafood favorites. This season of Backroad Bites includes:
- Midway BBQ- Buffalo, SC
- Yogi Bear Honey Fried Chicken- Hartsville, SC
- Ray’s Diner- Columbia, SC
- Gullah Gullah Fish- Manning, SC
- Sister's Restaurant- Salem, SC
- The Smokin’ Pig- Pendleton, SC
- Ellis Creek Fish Camp- Charleston, SC
- Country Boys- Sumter, SC
- Bonjour Main - Greenville, SC
- Laila's Place Cafe & Bakery- Newberry, SC
Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of Backroad Bites are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites for more information on Backroad Bites.
“Charming small towns are in all corners of South Carolina, and each of them are home to incredible, family-owned eateries that have become community staples. We’re proud to bring Backroad Bites back for another season to showcase these special places that serve local communities, truly representing what South Carolina is all about.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
- SCETV’s digital series Backroad Bites returns for another season in September.
- New episodes will be released on the @SouthCarolinaETV Facebook page, YouTube channel and website Tuesdays at 1 p.m., starting Tuesday, September 20.
- Broadcast versions of the episodes will air Thursdays on ETV starting October 6 at 8:30 p.m.
- Viewers are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites for more information on Backroad Bites.
About South Carolina ETV and Public Radio
South Carolina ETV (SCETV) is the state's public educational broadcasting network. Using television, radio and diverse digital properties, SCETV's mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning. In addition to airing local programs, such as Carolina Classrooms, Making It Grow, Palmetto Scene and This Week in South Carolina, SCETV also presents multiple programs to regional and national audiences, including By The River, Expeditions, Reconnecting Roots, Reel South, Somewhere South, Yoga in Practice and Live from Charleston Music Hall. In addition, SC Public Radio produces the national radio production, Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA.
South Carolina ETV digital series “Backroad Bites” returns with new episodes (PDF)