It’s not too late jump in on Fall PD!
Enrollment is still open for our ETV LEARN fall professional development courses including one Read to Succeed (R2S) course and our Self-paced Renewal courses (featuring a new Rudy Mancke course).
- R2S course offered
- R2S Content Area Reading & Writing: RDLA272 Vocabulary as a Foundation for Learning
- Register by October 6, 2022
- Coursework Period: October 3 - November 13, 2022
- This course is NOT self-paced; it requires active participation, however, there are no set login days or times. You can expect about 8 hours of coursework each week depending on your comfort level with the content and working online.
- The course costs $265 and is approved by the SC Department of Education to earn 60 Renewal Credits (NO graduate credit).
- *The course is primarily intended for K-3 educators, however the SC Department of Education has approved the course as a R2S course for ALL educators.
- 30+ self-paced courses offered
- Register by October 24, 2022
- Coursework period: October 4 - November 15, 2022
- These self-paced courses are easily accessible online, affordable at $75 each, and approved by the SC Department of Education to earn 20 Renewal Credits (NO graduate credit).
- Don't miss our BOGO free course offer below!
NEW course: Exploring Naturalists Impacting SC & Beyond
This 20 renewal credit course with SC naturalist Rudy Mancke is a study of naturalists, combining history, natural history, art, and science … rolled into one, as an interdisciplinary approach. This course provides informative and inspiring PD for educators of all subjects/grade levels. Plus … learning with Rudy is interesting, engaging and fun!
Want to use media more effectively in your classroom or delve deeper into Career Education in SC? Maybe you’d like to learn more about our SC History with Dr. Walter Edgar’s SC Chronicles courses, glean writing tips from SC authors or storytelling tips from a variety of tellers? Want to explore the history of our lowcountry around Hobcaw Barony or be inspired by the work of women who helped win the right to vote and the careers and leadership of the Women Vision SC honorees? Perhaps you just want to gain helpful ideas from some of our finest SC teachers or take a Natural History course to see for yourself why learning with Rudy is worth our time … then ETV LEARN courses are for you!
The first 20 educators to enroll in at least ONE 20 renewal credit course in our fall session may request ONE of the following courses FREE in the same session:
- Exploring Naturalists Impacting SC & Beyond (NEW!)
- Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series III
- Between the Waters, Series I
- Between the Waters, Series II (must take Series I first)
To receive the offer: Enroll in at least ONE course, then promptly email email@example.com the title of the course you enrolled in AND the title of the free course you want from the list above. Be sure to also include your name, address, and school/district if applicable. *You may only receive ONE free course no matter how many you register/pay for.
View all ETV LEARN courses with descriptions via scetv.org/education/recertification-courses.
Stay up-to-date on SCETV professional development courses and opportunities via our ETV Education monthly e-newsletter, the Education RoundUp (subscribe here).
Questions/Help: firstname.lastname@example.org 1-888-761-8132 (or local 803-737-9915 or 803-737-3245)