Now that the new school year has *settled*, are you ready to invest in your own education, and maybe earn some renewal credits for recertification too?
SCETV Education has options for you ranging from free, ‘mini’ self-paced courses for quick, on-demand learning to flexible renewal credit courses in a range of subjects including a new Project-Based Learning course!
Review your options and plan now for a great new year (goodbye 2020!).
Quick, free learning:
These ‘mini’ courses are perfect for a weekend or some down-time over the holidays. Best of all, they’ll help spark new ideas, expand your skill set, and energize your classroom!
Sample courses offered:
- SAEL1001: Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood
- SAEL1003: Engaging with Families and Communities to Support Social-Emotional Learning
- RDLA1201: Using Shared Reading to Teach and Engage All Readers
- LEAD1141: GED® Test Info: Mathematics
- TECH1205: Approaches to Digital Assessment in Your Classroom
- TECH1211: Blended Learning and Flipped Classroom 101
- TECH1221: Digital Storytelling: Online Tools for Sharing Student Voices
- SCIE1307: K-2 Science Tips: Animal Adaptations
View them all and learn more.
Renewal credit courses:
Earn renewal credits on YOUR time with our flexible ETV Teacher Recertification courses. The start and end dates are fixed but in between, you work at your own pace (how great is that!). A facilitator is available for course support, too.
For our upcoming winter session courses, which include our new PBL course, the start date is January 20, 2021, and the end date is March 10, 2021. More than 25 courses are offered!
All our online courses are approved by the SC Department of Education, earn 20 renewal credits and cost $75 (except Natural History In and Out of the Classroom with Rudy Mancke which earns 60 renewal credits and costs $200). * Please note these are renewal credit courses only; graduate credit is NOT available.
Review your options and mark your calendar to register starting January 8, 2021.
And don’t miss the free course offer below!
- NEW! Project-Based Learning: Engaging the 21st Century Learner, Part 1
This course provides an overview of, and guides participants through, the development and implementation of project-based lessons. Participants will take an in-depth look at the four core benefits of PBL and the role of the teacher as facilitator. PBL teaching helps students learn by engaging in meaningful projects with real-world applicability. (Recommended for all teachers)
- Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling
Media specialists and classroom teachers have given good feedback on this course in which distinguished tellers explore their craft as a literary activity. Techniques and tips are adaptable for any age! (Recommended for all teachers)
- Women Vision SC: Changes, Careers & Leadership, Series I
This course relates the history of the 19th Amendment with women gaining the right to vote; features SC women selected for the Women Vision initiative and SC Hall of Fame who have made an impact on our state and nation; and provides inspiring career and life-lesson advice for students. (Recommended for all teachers)
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series I, II, III and IV
These courses use popular NatureScene programs and segments with Rudy Mancke to explore social studies and science content, including a focus on geography. Series III focuses on SC. (Recommended for all teachers)
- Between the Waters: History Across the Curriculum at Hobcaw Barony, Series I and Series II
If you love SC history, you’ll enjoy these courses about coastal site Hobcaw Barony and historical topics from Native American life through slavery, Reconstruction and both World Wars. (Recommended for teachers of grades 3-12)
- Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series I and Series II
These courses are similar to our popular SC Teachers on Teaching courses. They feature SC Teacher of the Year finalists and explore key education topics, including Education Options for Students, Teacher Training/Retention, Digital Literacy, College and Career Readiness, and more. (Recommended for all teachers)
- Natural History In and Out of the Classroom with Rudy Mancke
This course, led by Rudy Mancke, will teach you how to integrate engaging Natural History content into any curriculum for any grade level. It is the only ETV Recertification course offering 60 renewal credits and it is only offered in our winter session. *The course includes four assignment deadlines and there will be a REQUIRED final meeting at ETV in Columbia on April 24, 2021, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm. Limited course seats available.
View ALL courses offered and learn more via www.scetv.org/teacher-recertification. *No graduate credit is available. Registration for winter session courses runs from January 8- February 10, 2021. Payment is made via credit card or check.
FREE course offer (BOGO):
Register and pay for at least one 20 renewal credit course to begin January 20, 2021, and receive one of the following courses FREE in the same session!
Free course options:
- Women Vision SC, Series I
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series I
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series II
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series III
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series IV
To receive your free course, 1) register and pay for ONE course, and then 2) email the title of your paid course plus the title of the free course you would like to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, need help? Contact us via 1-888-761-8132 (toll-free), 803-737-9915 or email@example.com.