Bored at the thought of more PD? Maybe you're missing engagement. Find it in a PBS TeacherLine facilitated course!
Not only will your facilitator actively guide you through the course and provide feedback, you'll enjoy a lot of interaction with your national peers - sharing best practices, new ideas, and the challenges and triumphs of teaching. Get engaged and be inspired - online learning doesn't have to be boring!
TeacherLine facilitated courses are offered to begin almost every month; upcoming start dates include March 11 and April 8, 2020.
"Every day I'd run home to see what my other classmates had posted. It was such a unique experience and I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction and feedback I had with my peers and teachers. I was disappointed when they ended! It was a super educational mode of learning and I look forward to joining future courses."
- Amy McClain, SC Educator [completed 2 courses]
Sample courses scheduled this spring:
- [R2S] Vocabulary as a Foundation for Learning
- [R2S] An Intro. to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- Raising Readers: Preparing Preschoolers for Success
- Graphic Organizers for 21st Century Learning
- Teaching with Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
- Accomplished Science Teaching: Letting Science Lead
- Guiding Student Learning through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction
- Differentiating Math Lessons for a Range of Learners
“I love PBS TeacherLine courses! ...I get great feedback and lots of ideas and lessons from other educators that I can use in my classroom. Almost immediate feedback/suggestions is also another awesome part of these classes.”
- Kimberly Full, Berkeley County [completed 9 courses]
New to TeacherLine? Learn how the courses work, what to expect, and more on our FAQ page.
PBS TeacherLine also offers ‘mini’ self-paced courses, many of which are free!
* Note, though, that unlike the facilitated courses, the self-paced courses do not readily earn credit unless approved for credit directly by your district.
For any assistance needed with either the facilitated or self-paced courses, please call ETV at 800-277-0829.