The See Amazing in All Children Initiative was created to promote awareness and acceptance of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Sesame Street debuted their first autistic character in April 2018.
There’s a new friend on Sesame Street. Her name is Julia, and she loves to play. Sometimes her way of playing is a little different, because she has autism. She already stars in her own storybook and appears within Sesame Street and Autism Initiative. (sesamestreet.org/autism).
https://autism.sesamestreet.org/interactive/daily-routine-cards/ - Routine Cards
Creating Autism Friendly Events
PBS in the Classroom
Explore sensory perception through the lens of individuals on the autism spectrum, in this powerful blog entry Spectrum:
PBS KIDS will air episodes featuring characters with Autism during National Autism Awareness Month.
- 4/1 Arthur #1306 When Carl Met George/D.W. Swims with the Fishes
- 4/1 Sesame Street #4821 Shape Hunt **NEW**
- 4/2 Dinosaur Train # 404 Junior Conductors Academy
- 4/2 Arthur #1707 Pets and Pests/Go Fly a Kite
- 4/3 Arthur #1907 Carl's Concerto/Too Much of a Good Thing
- 4/4 Arthur #2003 He Said, He Said/Bunny Trouble
- 4/8 Sesame Street #4921 Julia’s Haircut **NEW**
For more information: Kimberly Singletary, Early Learning and Wi-Fi, ETV Education email@example.com