Governor Henry McMaster to participate in annual briefing from leaders of Palmetto State military installations. South Carolina Department of Veterans’ Affairs (SCDVA) to lead discussion.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Military leaders from installations around the Palmetto State will gather at the Pastides Alumni Center to update Governor McMaster, SCDVA Secretary Will Grimsley, and South Carolina Military Base Task Force Chairman Dan Beatty on the current state of affairs of bases under their leadership.
The annual briefing will take place on Thursday, October 7th from 10 a.m. to Noon in the Pastides Alumni Center main ballroom. Secretary Will Grimsley and Dan Beatty will lead the discussion. Leaders from state military installations will include:
- BG Patrick Michaelis – Fort Jackson
- MG Van McCarty – National Guard
- Col Lawrence Sullivan – Shaw Air Force Base
- Col Karl Arbogast – MCAS Beaufort
- Capt John Cole – Coast Guard
- Col Marc Greene – Joint Base Charleston
- BG Paul Stanton – Fort Gordon
- Capt Andrew Tarrant – Beaufort Naval Hospital
- Col Timothy Dremann – Parris Island
Due to limited seating, the Governor’s Commanders Briefing will not be open to the public. The event will be broadcast live on SCETV, and streamed live on the SCDVA Facebook page (@4SCVETS). Media will be allowed to film or live stream the briefing in a designated area of the Pastides Alumni Center ballroom, 900 Senate Street in Columbia.
Governor Henry McMaster and SCDVA Secretary Will Grimsley will be available for media interviews in the Dawn Staley Conference Room in the Alumni Center immediately following the briefing.