Governor Henry McMaster to participate in annual briefing from leaders of Palmetto State military installations and Fort Gordon. South Carolina Department of Veterans’ Affairs (SCDVA) to lead discussion.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Military leaders from installations around the Palmetto State and Fort Gordon will gather at the Pastides Alumni Center to update Governor McMaster, SCDVA Secretary Will Grimsley, South Carolina Military Base Task Force Chairman, Dan Beatty, and numerous cabinet agency heads on the current state of affairs at bases in South Carolina and Fort Gordon, Georgia. The annual briefing will take place on Thursday, October 6th from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Pastides Alumni Center main ballroom.
Secretary Will Grimsley and Dan Beatty will lead the discussion. Leaders from state military installations will include:
• Brigadier General Walker Field – Parris Island
• Colonel Karl Arbogast – MCAS Beaufort
• Captain Chad Roe – Beaufort Naval Hospital
• Colonel Mike Freeman – Joint Base Charleston
• Captain John Cole – Coast Guard
• Colonel Kris Smith – Shaw Air Force Base
• Brigadier General Jason Kelly – Fort Jackson
• Colonel Dave Thomas – Fort Gordon
• Major General Van McCarty – National Guard
Due to limited seating, the Governor’s Commanders Briefing will not be open to the public. The event will be broadcast live on SCETV online, and streamed live on the SCDVA Facebook page (@4SCVETS). Media will be allowed to film or live stream the briefing in a designated area of the Pastides Alumni Center ballroom, 900 Senate Street in Columbia.
PLEASE NOTE: Media arriving following the 10:30 a.m. start time will NOT be allowed entry into the briefing.
Governor Henry McMaster and SCDVA Secretary Will Grimsley will be available for media interviews in the Dawn Staley Conference Room in the Alumni Center immediately following the briefing.