ETV World is ETV's news/talk service, with live global newscasts, an international perspective on U.S. news, and South Carolina news/talk, including live gavel-to-gavel coverage of the South Carolina Legislature from January through June of each year.
Live newscasts in English come to ETV World from around the world, including DW-TV (Germany's version of public TV), the BBC, and NHK from Japan. The Nightly Business Report is seen exclusively on this channel, as are lively mini-magazines on life, culture, and the arts in Europe. Charlie Rose also finds a prime-time home on this channel with both his regular series and The Week.
ETV news/talk programs also appear on this channel, including State House Today, Palmetto Scene, and Carolina Business Review.
ETV World broadcasts the West Coast feed of PBS, including programs that may not have appeared on ETV at all during late night programming. This service, a three hour delay of the east coast schedule, is known as "PBS Rewind" and is also used each weekend for viewers who may have missed a favorite program. For a full schedule, visit www.scetv.org/tvschedule.
There are two ways you can receive ETV World.
(1) Use an antenna and tune to the stations listed below.
(2) Explore your cable provider’s list of stations for ETVW. While select cable services offer this channel, currently satellite services do not. The legislative portion of ETV World’s schedule is also online at scetv.org.
ETV World is currently broadcast on:
- WRLK-DT (digital channel 35-3) in Columbia
- WNTV-DT (digital channel 29-3) in Greenville
- WITV-DT (digital channel 7-3) in Charleston
- WRJA-DT (digital channel 27-3) in Sumter
- WNSC-DT (digital channel 30-3) in Rock Hill
- WHMC-DT (digital channel 23-3) in Conway/Myrtle Beach
- WEBA-DT (digital channel 14-3) in Allendale
- WJPM-DT (digital channel 33-3) in Florence
- WNEH-DT (digital channel 38-3) in Greenwood
- WRET-DT (digital channel 49-3) in Spartanburg
- WJWJ-DT (digital channel 16-3) in Beaufort
ETV World is part of your local ETV service as ETV.3 via antenna. Beaufort, for example, would be 16.3. It is also available on selected cable outlets, marked as ETVW.
South Carolina schools can access ETV World via webstream on Web 2.
ETV World is carried by the following digital cable providers:
- Time Warner Cable
- Comporium Communications
- Charter Communications
- Southern Coastal Cable Communications
- HTC Cablevision
- Pinetree Cable
- Fairfield Communications
- Homestar Entertainment (aka Berkley Cable TV)
- West Carolina Communications
- Davidson Cable TV
For more information about ETV World, contact:
1041 George Rogers Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29211
Voice: (803) 737-3345