Woodrow Wilson Family Home VR
To start viewing the VR on a desktop computer, press the play button.
Located at 1705 Hampton Street, in historic downtown Columbia, South Carolina, this is the home where President Woodrow Wilson spent four years of his childhood. The house was built in 1871, during the height of the Reconstruction era; a tumultuous period in United States and South Carolina history. Today, the house is a museum, devoted to showing Columbia's struggle to rebuild itself after the Civil War, and the Wilson family's time spent in the home.
Historic Columbia is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving Columbia and Richland County's historic and cultural heritage.
To View VRs on the Matterport App:
The 3D experiences were shot with a Matterport Pro 3D Camera.
Experience the VRs using the Matterport phone apps with either a Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR.
(1) Download the iOS or Android app to your phone
(2) Use your phone's browser to go to the VR link at Woodrow Wilson House.
(3) When you click on a link, the Matterport App will open on your phone.
(4) The VRs will need to download to the app prior to viewing.
(5) Look for the visual queues (circles) to navigate through the VR experience.