Teacher Recertification Courses FAQ
Click here for printable course listing
Participants cannot access courses to start work until actual start date of the session.
If you have any questions after reviewing this page, please contact ETV at 1-888-761-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Registration: June 4 - July 16 Summer Course Dates: July 2 - August 28
Fall Registration: September 4 - October 16 Fall Course Dates: October 1 - December 4
Specifics on Course Sites
- You do NOT register on the SCETVLearn site - this site is ONLY for completing your course work.
- You do not need an account to register for the courses.
- When you register for your course(s), a username and password is created for you and sent to you via email (please check your JUNK folder in your email if you do not see it in your regular email box).
- Your courses will only show up under the account that was automatically created for you.
- If you already took a course and are registering with the same email address, your previous account information will be emailed to you.
- Each course has topics which consist of a lesson (video) and a Discussion Topic ( a questions to which you supply an ~100 word response).
- The number of topics vary from course to course - there are between 8-10 hours of video to view in each course, regardless of number of videos (if there are more videos/topics it just means they are shorter in duration).
- Please see the General Structure and Course Site Guide for specific information.
Specifics on Recertification Courses
- All courses approved by SC Department of Education Office of Educator services for renewal credit.
- Renewal Credit only (NO Graduate Credit).
- Courses only open to educators with SC Teachers Certificate.
- Participants are responsible for getting approval that courses meet your own individual needs.
- If you have questions concerning your recertification or status, go to the Certification Page on the Dept of Education website.
- Participants are responsible for submitting certificate of Completion to District Renewal/PD Coordinator or SDE Office of Educator Services.
- ETV will submit a list of completers to SDE Office of Educators Services within 10 working days after each session end date.
20 Renewal Credit Courses
- All are one hour/20 renewal credit courses offered in each session: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring I, and Spring II.
- Each course earns 20 renewal credits (NO Graduate Credit).
- Cost: $75 per course.
- All courses are self-paced (all work is completed online, anytime from anywhere - must complete by session end date).
- Participants will view video lessons online and then post a response to discussion topics. Each response is required to be at least 100 words.
60 Renewal Credit Course
Natural History In and Out of the Classroom with Rudy Mancke
- Only offered once or twice a year (in Fall Session and/or Winter Session).
- Earns 60 renewal credits (NO Graduate Credit).
- Cost: $200 (class Limited to 25 participants).
- Self-paced within four deadlines for assignments (see synopsis).
- Required face-to-face meeting with Rudy Mancke at ETV in Columbia the last day of course (see synopsis on course main page for date of meeting)
Pay online with credit card or send check at the time of registration.
Send check to:
ATTN: Erical Jones
1041 George Rogers Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29201
We do not accept American Express.
Once all work and final evaluation questions are completed and approved, your Certificate of Completion will unlock for you access online and print (be sure to keep a copy for your records).
It is the PARTICIPANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to provide the Certificate(s) of Completion to:
- If you are currently employed in a SC school district, you must submit copy of Certificate(s) of Completion to your District Renewal/PD Coordinator
- If you are NOT currently employed in a SC school district, you must submit copy of Certificate(s) of Completion, along with Request for Change/Action form to SDE Office of Educator Services
SDE Office of Educator Services
SC Archives History and Archives Building
8301 Parklane Road
Columbia, SC 29223
Call Hours: Monday - Friday 1:00 - 4:30 pm (except holidays)
Phone: 803-896-0325 or 1-877-885-5280
If you have any questions, please contact ETV at 1-888-761-8132 or email@example.com.