South Carolina ETV President and CEO, Anthony Padgett, sends a message to viewers and listeners. "Since joining this incredible team in 2017, I have seen firsthand how strong...
"Reconnecting Roots" aims to bridge generation gap
COLUMBIA, S.C. – “Reconnecting Roots” – a half-hour series that aims to bridge the generation gap by portraying American progress through music, culture and history – will premiere on South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV) Thursday, July 11 at 8 p.m.
Hosted by Gabriel McCauley, the seven-episode series seeks to reconnect us to the parts of American history and culture that bind us together, so they aren’t lost in a rapidly changing and constantly advancing world. Each episode features music, travel and conversations with diverse people across America who are looking ahead to tomorrow, while also reconnecting to lessons learned by previous generations.
Produced by Joel McAfee and written by Dave Boyd, “Reconnecting Roots” is a product of lilDRAGON TV in association with SCETV Presents.
“It’s often said that to know where you’re going, you must first learn where you’ve been. That’s what ‘Reconnecting Roots’ is all about,” said SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett. “We’re proud to partner with lilDRAGON TV to bring this introspective project to television audiences across our state and nation.”
Viewers can follow @reconnectingrootstv on Facebook and Instagram to see behind-the-scenes clips and pictures of the show. For more information, visit www.ReconnectingRoots.com.
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- “Reconnecting Roots” will premiere on SCETV Thursday, July 11 at 8 p.m.
- Hosted by Gabriel McCauley, the seven-episode series seeks to reconnect us to the parts of American history and culture that bind us together.
- “Reconnecting Roots” is produced by Joel McAfee and written by Dave Boyd.
- The series is a product of lilDRAGON TV in association with SCETV Presents.
- For more information on “Reconnecting Roots,” visit www.ReconnectingRoots.com.