What is Telehealth? Telehealth is the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical healthcare, patient and professional...
This Summer BREAKING BIG Airs on Fridays
Hosted by Carlos Watson, an Emmy® Award-winning journalist and co-founder and CEO of OZY.com, BREAKING BIG explores the twists and turns on the road to thriving careers for some notable figures in various fields. The series of 30-minute documentary films traces the unusual paths followed by 12 talented men and women – from country music superstar Jason Aldean and former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson to Oscar-winning director Lee Daniels and chef and restaurateur Eddie Huang – who overcame nearly insurmountable obstacles and long odds to reach and reimagine their own potential and, ultimately, to break big.
The series will include analysis from eminent social scientists, marketing experts, film critics, book editors and others to help viewers understand the risk-taking and bold moves these journeys require.
BREAKING BIG kicks off on June 15 with “Daily Show” star and comedian Trevor Noah as the first guest and subject. The 12 celebrities and influencers profiled in the series, in broadcast order, include:
- Trevor Noah − Host of “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central
- Eddie Huang − Chef and restaurateur, author of Fresh Off the Boat
- Danai Gurira − Actress and Award Winning Playwright (Black Panther, Walking Dead)
- Jason Aldean − Country music superstar
- Ruth Zukerman − Co-founder of SoulCycle and Flywheel
- Christian Siriano − Fashion designer
- Roxane Gay − Author and cultural critic
- Michael Strahan − Host of “Good Morning, America” and former NFL star
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand – U.S. Senator, New York
- Lee Daniels − Academy Award-winning director, Precious and Fox series “Empire”
- Gretchen Carlson − Former Fox News anchor and Miss America
- Carmen Yulín Cruz − Mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico
Series airs on Fridays at 8:30 PM on SCETV.