COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Public Radio (SC Public Radio) recently began broadcasting Roots Musik Karamu with Osei Chandler statewide across each of its eight stations...
South Carolina Public Radio announces schedule updates
COLUMBIA, S.C. – SC Public Radio has announced plans to update its schedule. Due to limitations caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, three SC Public Radio programs will be leaving the airwaves in September: “Live from Here” on September 13; “Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA” on September 17; and “Only a Game” on September 26. To fill the void left by these departures, SC Public Radio is updating its lineup by adding two new programs – “Think” and “Reel Music” – and moving some listener favorites to new timeslots.
"Think" is a national call-in program, hosted by acclaimed journalist Krys Boyd and produced by KERA, North Texas’ PBS and NPR member station. Each week, listeners across the country tune in to thought-provoking conversations with newsmakers from around the globe. During each episode, listeners are invited to tweet, call or email questions and comments for the show’s guest. Previous guests include former Secretaries of State Madeleine Albright and John Kerry, actor Bryan Cranston, Sen. John Cornyn and Sen. Ted Cruz, Melinda Gates, author Malcolm Gladwell, Rev. Jesse Jackson and more. The program will air Monday-Thursday at 2 p.m. on News & Talk format stations.
“Reel Music” provides an entertaining hour of orchestral themes from some of cinema’s best scores. Hosted by Matt Rogers, the program explores music from across all film history, as well as the occasional vintage snack bar announcement for nostalgic fun. Celebrating some of cinema’s best music and the most renowned film score composers, “Reel Music” will air Thursdays at 7 p.m. on News & Music format stations.
Now in its 48th year of broadcasting, SCPR reaches more than 300,000 listeners each week. With eight transmitters located across the state, the network offers two formats – News/Talk and News/Music. For more details on SC Public Radio’s complete new lineup, visit www.southcarolinapublicradio.org
“In today’s crowded media environment, our goal is to provide listeners with programming that cuts through all the noise and distraction to inform and entertain. This updated schedule – featuring two new unique programs – will help us do just that.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“Although the ongoing pandemic continues to present unforeseen challenges, the SCETV and SC Public Radio team remains resilient and solution-oriented. The loss of three regular programs due to COVID-19 limitations was a great opportunity to update our lineup and acquire some interesting new shows for our listeners to enjoy.” –SCETV Assistant General Manager Adrienne Fairwell
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SC Public Radio has announced plans to update its schedule.
- Three SC Public Radio programs will depart the lineup in September, including: “Live from Here” on September 13; “Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA” on September 17; and “Only a Game” on September 26.
- To fill the void, SC Public Radio will introduce two new programs to its lineup – “Think” and “Reel Music.”
- “Think” will air Monday-Thursday at 2 p.m. on News and Talk format stations, allowing listeners to tune in to thought-provoking conversations with newsmakers from around the globe
- Host Matt Rodgers shares and celebrates renowned film scores and composers in “Reel Music,” airing Thursdays at 7 p.m. on News & Music format stations.