South Carolina Botanical Garden Education Program Coordinator Allison Jones walks us through making hypertufa pumpkins.
Create Crafts Challenge Contest closes March 30
The Create Crafts Challenge Contest starts Monday, March 2, 2020 and closes March 30, 2020. All entries must be submitted online. Review the complete set of Official Rules before submitting your entry at https://www.createtv.com/challenge.
Create Crafts Challenge: DO & DON'T
Entering the Create Crafts Challenge 2020? Here are a few tips* to help you prepare your video for our judges. You just might be Create's new crafts star!
- DON'T: Submit a video that is longer than 3 minutes. No matter how good, it will be disqualified.
- DON'T: Forget to set your video to a "public" or "unlisted" setting on YouTube .
- DON'T: Allow minors to "host" your entry. The contest is for adults 18 or older.
- DON'T: Submit your video without making sure your voice is clear. If not, it's worth re-recording.
- DON'T: Show logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures or copyrighted media or any other images which could represent an infringement of any third party's rights. The prohibition includes trademarks and copyrighted works, the use of equipment with visible logos or other incidental uses such as product brand name mentions or visuals. Hide or, if safe, tape over brand names on containers and appliances.
- DON'T: Include any music.
- DO: Submit a video that is 3 minutes or less.
- DO: Upload and view your final video on YouTube, and complete the submission form at CreateTV.com/challenge.
- DO: Be at least 18 years old at time of submission.
- DO: Get the best audio by using an external microphone placed nearby. Attach a lavalier mic to your clothes (try to hide it), or use a "shotgun" mic (handheld or one that attaches to a nearby door or tripod) and place it out of the frame. Do a sound test.
- DO: Consider measuring and assembling your materials and placing them in glass containers or boxes instead of a labeled container. When that’s not practical, position the container so the brand name is not visible, or cover the brand information with tape.
- DO: Be sure the judges can clearly view your entry and hear your voice and the natural sounds of your creating your project (scissors cutting, sawing wood, etc.).
For more information and video tips: