Clemson Extension and Host of Making It Grow Amanda McNulty talks with fellow agent Zack Snipes about tomato diseases and best practices on how to avoid them.
Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese
Nutritionist Trisha Mandes, MPHN joins us on "Making It Grow" and shares tips on healthy weight loss. One example is incorporating healthy plant-based meals like Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese into your diet. Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese Sauce by Miyoko Schinner of The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples and pasta dish recreated by Nutritionist, Trisha Mandes, MPHN of www.TrishaMandes.com
Powdered Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 C nutritional yeast
3/4 C oat flour 1/4 C tapioca flour
1 T paprika 2 tsp salt 2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp sugar 1 tsp powdered mustard
Pasta Ingredients: 100% whole grain pasta (whole wheat or brown rice or other)
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets 2 cups almond milk Instructions for making powdered cheese mix:
1. Place all powdered cheese ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix with a whisk until equally mixed.
2. Put in an airtight container, label it and store in the cupboard.
Instructions for making the mac and cheese:
1. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Steam broccoli.
3. To make cheese sauce, bring almond milk and 2/3 cups of powdered cheese mix to a boil in a saucepan while vigorously whisking to blend it together.
As soon as it comes to a boil immediately remove it from heat, and continue whisking.
4. Place cooked pasta, broccoli and cheese sauce in a large bowl and toss until evenly coated with cheese.
Then plate and enjoy.