For National Autism Awareness Month, SCETV PBS KIDS will air episodes featuring characters with Autism, including new episodes from DINOSAUR TRAIN and SESAME STREET, March 30...
Learning is fun with national peers & PBS
Bored at the thought of more PD? Maybe you're missing engagement. Find it in a PBS TeacherLine facilitated course!
Not only will your facilitator actively guide you through the course and provide feedback, you'll enjoy a lot of interaction with your national peers - sharing best practices, new ideas, and the challenges and triumphs of teaching. Get engaged and be inspired - online learning doesn't have to be boring!
TeacherLine facilitated courses are offered to begin almost every month; upcoming start dates include March 11 and April 8, 2020.
"Every day I'd run home to see what my other classmates had posted. It was such a unique experience and I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction and feedback I had with my peers and teachers. I was disappointed when they ended! It was a super educational mode of learning and I look forward to joining future courses."
- Amy McClain, SC Educator [completed 2 courses]
Sample courses scheduled this spring:
- [R2S] Vocabulary as a Foundation for Learning
- [R2S] An Intro. to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- Raising Readers: Preparing Preschoolers for Success
- Graphic Organizers for 21st Century Learning
- Teaching with Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
- Accomplished Science Teaching: Letting Science Lead
- Guiding Student Learning through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction
- Differentiating Math Lessons for a Range of Learners
“I love PBS TeacherLine courses! ...I get great feedback and lots of ideas and lessons from other educators that I can use in my classroom. Almost immediate feedback/suggestions is also another awesome part of these classes.”
- Kimberly Full, Berkeley County [completed 9 courses]
New to TeacherLine? Learn how the courses work, what to expect, and more on our FAQ page.
PBS TeacherLine also offers ‘mini’ self-paced courses, many of which are free!
* Note, though, that unlike the facilitated courses, the self-paced courses do not readily earn credit unless approved for credit directly by your district.
For any assistance needed with either the facilitated or self-paced courses, please call ETV at 800-277-0829.