Clemson Extension Natural Resources Agent Ryan Bean shares some important facts about prescribed fires and also some details about a recent prescribed fire at the Sandhill...
ETV Teacher Recertification: Next session, new renewal courses!
ETV Teacher Recertification offers a variety of courses that earn 20 renewal credits each (NO graduate credit). ELA, science, social studies, the arts, career education, natural history, and general education courses offered in 5 sessions throughout the year: Fall, Winter, Spring I, Spring II, and Summer.
ALL approved by the SC Department of Education for SC teachers, facilitated online/self-paced, $75 each.
Next Session – FALL:
- Register September 1 through October 26
- Session will open for participants to start work October 5
- Participants MUST complete all work by December 2
TWO new courses added for FALL session – then offered in every session:
- Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series IV – Like Series I, II and III, this fourth course uses popular NatureScene programs and special segments with Rudy Mancke to explore other areas in all regions of the USA. Plus, this course explores areas in Canada, Russia and Costa Rica. More interesting social studies and science content; award-winning photography! For teachers of all grade levels.
- Women Vision SC: Changes, Careers & Leadership, Series I – June 2019 marked the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment. This course relates the history and features SC women who have made an impact on our state and nation, providing inspiring career and life-lesson advice for students. For teachers of all grade levels.
Register for at least ONE ETV Teacher Recertification renewal credit course in the FALL 2020 session and receive FREE the new Women Vision SC: Changes, Careers & Leadership, Series I course in the FALL 2020 session. To receive FREE offer, register/pay for ONE course then immediately email title of course you registered/paid for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Popular 20 Renewal Credit Courses – all offered in every session:
- Media specialists and classroom teachers give great feedback on Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling! Get telling tips and see outstanding tellers in action. And, don’t forget popular A Literary Tour of SC, Series I, II and III courses where SC-connected authors who talk about the writing process.
- Between the Waters: History Across the Curriculum at Hobcaw Barony, Series I and BTW, Series II provide a walk-through this innovative, rich site to enable easy use and learning! If you love SC history, natural history, nature, the low country, you’ll enjoy these courses that explore this historic SC area.
- Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series I and Series II courses are similar to our popular SC Teachers on Teaching courses. Explore key education topics, including Education Options for Students; Teacher Recruiting, Retaining and Supporting Teachers; Digital Literacy; College and Career Readiness; Bullying and Suicide Prevention; Science Education and Careers; and Using Digital Media to Create Classroom Lessons; plus, get inspired by outstanding education leaders.
- Discover more SC history with historian Dr. Walter Edgar in SC Chronicles courses (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII) and Take on the South with Dr. Walter Edgar. Even SC history buffs learn new info from Dr. Edgar!
- Career Education is important on all grade levels … learn more about CTE for all students in our state with Career Education for Student Success and/or The Arts and Career Connections courses.
- Check out Making Connections with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, Series I and Series II. Each course helps teachers integrate natural history into any curriculum to engage students!
- Plus … four more recently produced courses with Rudy Mancke: Natural History in North America & Beyond, Series I, II, III and just added for FALL – Series IV! These course use the outstanding NatureScene programs plus content segments with Rudy to explore all regions of the USA and beyond. Series III deals exclusively with SC. Nothing is more fun and interesting than learning with Rudy!
Go to site to review course descriptions now! Then register/pay for FALL session starting September 1: http://www.scetv.org/teacher-recertification
So … Whether you want the experience of learning from Naturalist Rudy Mancke, need PD in teaching writing for all grade levels, seek to learn more about our rich SC history or delve into Career Education, or maybe you just want to be inspired by some of our finest SC teachers … ETV Teacher Recertification courses are for you!
Questions, need help? toll-free 1-888-761-8132 / 1-800-277-3245 local 737-9915 / 737-3245