The holiday season is upon us and 2020 is on the horizon. From "Reconstruction" to "Chasing the Moon" to "Molly of Denali," the Education team is thankful for the experiences...
"Wild Kratts" My Cool Creaturepedia Contest
In support of the upcoming "Wild Kratts" live show tour in South Carolina, SCETV is promoting the “My Cool Creaturepedia” Contest for students in first through fifth grade. The Creaturepedia is a database full of information about cool animals and their habitats. We want to know which entries you think are the coolest and what other entries you’d like to see. We also want to know about the cool animals in your creaturepedia!
To enter the contest, students should review and complete the contest challenge (see below). Winners will receive a VIP package including 4 tickets and passes to meet Chris and Martin Kratt! Three winners will be selected for each venue (6 total). The Columbia, SC show is scheduled for February 25, 2020, and the Charleston, SC show is scheduled for February 26, 2020.
CONTEST CHALLENGE – Complete Entries include Parts A and B
A. Submit your written response to the two questions below:
- What is your favorite animal in the Creaturepedia?
- If you could add an animal to the Creaturepedia what would it be?
B. Submit a short video (30-60 seconds) telling an interesting fact(s) about the coolest animal you know. Incorporate the hashtags #MyCoolCreaturepedia and #SCETVKids.
- Student must be in first through fifth grade
- One entry per student
- Written assignments must answer the question and follow the word counts below:
- 1st grade -- 20 word maximum
- 2nd grade – 35 word maximum
- 3rd grade – 50 word maximum
- 4th grade – 75 word maximum
- 5th grade – 100 word maximum
- Digital entries must include the following:
- Criteria and Rubric Under Development
- Must use the hashtag #MyCoolCreaturepedia
- Entries may be submitted through the website starting October 14, 2019. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm (eastern time, US) on January 3, 2020.
- Parental signature (electronic) is required for submission.
- Entries will be reviewed by a select panel of judges.
- The panel will select at least three winners for each venue.
- Student should keep at least one copy of their original work for their records.
COPYRIGHT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- All entries submitted must reflect student work.
- Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold SCETV harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
- Entrant acknowledges that all content entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold SCETV, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the contest.
- By entering the contest, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of SCETV and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official SCETV Rules And Regulations as established herein.
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to submitted content. SCETV will not have any ownership rights to any content submitted.
The panel of judges will select three winners for each venue. Each winner will receive a VIP package including, 4 VIP tickets and meet and greet passes. This prize package is valued at approximately $400.
A representative from SCETV will attempt to notify winners by January 15, 2020.