Women’s History & National Nutrition Month Plus South Carolina Day Resources & More on Knowitall.org! Knowitall brings you an abundance of content for Women’s History...
Natural History & Between the Waters Courses + More Set to Start!
SC educators can earn renewal credit with ETV Teacher Recertification online courses –
all approved by the SC Department of Education.
50+ courses for 20 renewal credits each, plus Rudy Mancke’s Natural History: In and Out of the Classroom course for 60 renewal credits provided in Winter session 2019. (Winter session is the only session the Natural History 60 renewal credit course will be offered.)
First 10 teachers to register for at least ONE ETV Teacher Recertification course in WINTER Session 2019 can also participate in Between the Waters, Series I course FREE of charge! Register/pay for one or more courses when registration opens Jan. 10. Immediately email your name, title of one course you paid for & note you want FREE BTW, Series I course (20 renewal credits): firstname.lastname@example.org (We’ll email back to let you know if you were one of first 10 & get free course!)
ETV Teacher Recertification WINTER Session 2019:
- Registration opens - Jan. 10 (Pay online by credit card or send check)
- Courses open for participants to start work - Jan. 22
- Must complete work in all 20 renewal credit courses by “end date” of session - March 12
- Rudy’s Natural History course for 60 renewal credits extended “end date” - April 27 (see below)
Variety of Online Courses for 20 Renewal Credits (NO graduate credit):
- ELA, science, social studies, the arts, career education & general education courses
- Cost $75 each; Approved by SDE; Facilitated online with only deadline to complete by March 12
- Participate in up to six 20 renewal credit courses in a session - view video lessons and respond to discussion topic questions online at your own pace 24/7
Newer 20 Renewal Credit courses:
- Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series I course is similar to our popular SC Teachers on Teaching courses. Explore key education topics, including Education Options for Students, Teacher Training and Retention, Digital Literacy, College and Career Readiness, and more. (Recommended for teachers - all grade levels)
- Media specialists and classroom teachers have given good feedback on our new course entitled Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling! These distinguished tellers explore their craft as a literary activity. Techniques and tips are adaptable for any age! (Recommended for teachers - all grade levels)
- Between the Waters: History Across the Curriculum at Hobcaw Barony, Series I enables educators to learn to use this innovative, interactive, rich site! If you love SC history, you’ll enjoy and learn with this course about the coastal historic site that includes historical topics from Native American life through slavery, Reconstruction and both World Wars. (Recommended for teachers of grades 3-12) *SEE above for special offer about this course for WINTER session 2019!
Natural History In and Out of the Classroom with Rudy Mancke –
60 Renewal Credits (NO grad credit):
- Cost $200; Approved by SDE; Facilitated online with 4 deadlines to complete assignments within course
- REQUIRED final class meeting at ETV in Columbia April 27, 10:00am-12:30pm
Earn 60 renewal credits while learning how to integrate engaging Natural History content into any curriculum for any grade level. Class limited to 25 participants. Check SYNOPSIS for course assignments. Go to site above, look under Natural History section, find course by full title, and look for synopsis. Teachers on all grade levels and subject areas love this course and enjoy getting to talk with Naturalist Rudy Mancke at the final class meeting!
(If you have already taken the Natural History 60 renewal credit course, you may also take one or both of our 20 renewal credit courses Making Connections with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, Series I and Series II.)
“These courses exceeded my expectations. Lessons were excellent and motivating with structure and organization clear and concise. The amount of work was fair and appropriate. I would recommend because the content of the videos is so rich and there are so many good ideas and concepts for teachers to use.” - SC teacher
Read descriptions; then register/pay when registration opens Jan. 10:
Questions or help registering: Call ETV Learn Online toll free 1-888-761-8132 or local 803-737-3245