Hopefully, your new school year is off to a great start and you are enjoying the many ETV and PBS resources available to you. From the premiere of our new PBS Kids show Molly...
April Is National Autism Awareness Month
The See Amazing in All Children Initiative was created to promote awareness and acceptance of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Sesame Street debuted their first autistic character in April 2018.
There’s a new friend on Sesame Street. Her name is Julia, and she loves to play. Sometimes her way of playing is a little different, because she has autism. She already stars in her own storybook and appears within Sesame Street and Autism Initiative. (sesamestreet.org/autism).
https://autism.sesamestreet.org/interactive/daily-routine-cards/ - Routine Cards
Creating Autism Friendly Events
PBS in the Classroom
Explore sensory perception through the lens of individuals on the autism spectrum, in this powerful blog entry Spectrum:
PBS KIDS will air episodes featuring characters with Autism during National Autism Awareness Month.
- 4/1 Arthur #1306 When Carl Met George/D.W. Swims with the Fishes
- 4/1 Sesame Street #4821 Shape Hunt **NEW**
- 4/2 Dinosaur Train # 404 Junior Conductors Academy
- 4/2 Arthur #1707 Pets and Pests/Go Fly a Kite
- 4/3 Arthur #1907 Carl's Concerto/Too Much of a Good Thing
- 4/4 Arthur #2003 He Said, He Said/Bunny Trouble
- 4/8 Sesame Street #4921 Julia’s Haircut **NEW**
For more information: Kimberly Singletary, Early Learning and Wi-Fi, ETV Education firstname.lastname@example.org