It’s August, which means another school year is soon upon us. As you prepare your students to engage in a new year of learning, we encourage you to focus on the power of...
From LearningWhy: Vietnam War Resources for the Classroom
SCETV’s LearningWhy is excited to announce a training workshop for teachers:
Vietnam War Resources for the Classroom
- When: 5/24/18 - 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Idea Lab, 1041 George Rogers Blvd., Columbia, SC 29201
All teachers who attend this workshop will receive:
1. Classroom resources including: How to access video clip reels from The Vietnam War documentary, discussion guides, customized print and digital pieces, photography, and Q&A pieces with producers, detailed program descriptions, fact sheets, and production assets.
2. $75 towards travel.
3. A certificate of completion (if applicable), including: Documentation of seat hours and content to qualify the seminar as recertification training. (Participants will be responsible for securing approval of these hours toward recertification within their individual district’s policies.)
Important to Note:
- Preference will be given to the first twenty people to complete the sign-up form.
- After twenty seats have been reserved five additional names will be taken and placed on the ‘stand-by’ list.
- Following the workshop teachers will be expected to take what they learned and implement into their classroom.
- Participating teachers must complete a survey within six (6) weeks of the workshop.
Questions? Contact Sharla Brown at (803) 737-7657 or: firstname.lastname@example.org