Congratulations Jessica Higdon, from North Charleston high school! Ms. Higdon used the lesson Critically Analyze and Understand Primary/ Secondary Resources using FDR’s 1933...
January 2018 on Knowitall
This month, Knowitall features resources for Martin Luther King Day and African American History Month. Our Holocaust Remembrance Collection provides resources for International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Throughout January, please be sure to visit What’s New on Knowitall and Knowitall Factoids, where each date brings a resource you may not have thought to look for—here on Knowitall.
For Martin Luther King Day, observed on Monday, January 15, we invite you to explore our Martin Luther King Collection, including:
For Holocaust Remembrance Day, observed on Saturday, January 27, we share these resources for remembrance:
Trace the events of the Holocaust through the testimony of survivors who settled in South Carolina. Interviews are combined with dramatic archival footage for a powerful and moving record of the inhumanity that was experienced during the Holocaust.
Full interviews with South Carolinians who survived the Holocaust and those who liberated the concentration camps or witnessed the atrocities that took place.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT...
We can’t let you go without reminding you to view our new resources—now available on Knowitall!
Updated Series & New Interactives
- USS Yorktown VR, Photo Gallery and the video, The Carrier Will Lead (Let's Go!)
- The Powder Magazine VR and Photo Gallery (Let's Go!)
New Series Added
- Sea Change Interviews (Climate Change)
- A Visit From The Past: Tall Ships Of Charleston (SCETV Series And Specials)
Additions to Existing Series
- A True Likeness: Richard Samuel Roberts (Carolina Stories)
- Born To Rebel, Driven to Excel: Dr. Benjamin Mays (Carolina Stories)
- Backstage Pass! (Carolina Stories)
- Uncommon Folk (Carolina Stories)
- Lexington (Palmetto Places)
- Lower Richland (Palmetto Places)
- Marion (Palmetto Places)
- McClellanville (Palmetto Places)
- McCormick (Palmetto Places)
- Moncks Corner (Palmetto Places)
New Video Added
- From Coach to Teacher (Palmetto Scene)
- Inside Scoop on Alice of the Hermitage (Palmetto Scene)
- The History Of Halloween (Palmetto Scene)
- The Jamestown Foundation (Making It Grow)
New Audio Added from SC Public Radio
- Apprenticeship Program Gives High School Students A Head Start In The Working World (South Carolina Focus)
- At 40, "Star Wars" Is As Phenomenally Successful As Ever (South Carolina Focus)
- Cotton Is Still A Big Crop In South Carolina (South Carolina Focus)
- Drones A Growing Tool For A Myriad Of Uses (South Carolina Focus)
- Historic Cannonballs Continue To Be Found In Charleston (South Carolina Focus)
- Replicas Of Columbus' Ships Teach History In Three Dimensions (South Carolina Focus)
- Scientists Seek To Learn More About Sharks (South Carolina Focus)
- South Carolina Forests Contribute Much To The State Landscape, Economy(South Carolina Focus)
- South Carolina Has A Healthy Population Of Alligators Once Again (South Carolina Focus)
- Sumter Professor: Poetry Workshops Build Students' Confidence, Help Other Subjects (South Carolina Focus)
- The Crescent On South Carolina's Flag: Is It A Moon Or Not? (South Carolina Focus)
Knowitall's African American History Collection provides these resources—all in one place! Plan now to use them for African American History Month.
Mary McLeod Bethune (Idella Bodie's S.C. Women)
Modjeska Simkins (Idella Bodie's S.C. Women)
As always, we welcome your comments and questions! We would love to hear from YOU!