SC educators can earn renewal credit with ETV Teacher Recertification online courses – all approved by the SC Department of Education. 50+ courses for 20 renewal credits each...
ETV Recertification Courses
ETV Teacher Recertification offers a variety of online courses accessible 24/7 to fit your schedule! Learn and earn renewal credit approved by SDE!
Recertification Courses - 5 Sessions Per Year
- Approximate Session Periods
- Winter: Mid-January - Early March
- Spring (these are shorter sessions to provide more opportunity to earn credit before end of SDE renewal cycle)
- I: Mid-March - Early May
- II Early/Mid-May - Mid-June
- Summer: Early July - Mid/Late August
- Fall: Early October - Early December
- Over 50 courses, plus several NEW, for 20 renewal credits each
- ELA, Science, Social Studies, Math, The Arts, Career Ed, General Education + NEW courses!
- All approved by the SC Department of Education for renewal credit (NO graduate credit)
- Facilitated online and self-paced; MUST complete by end date of session
- Cost for each 20 renewal credit course: $75
NEW courses added!
- Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling (20 renewal credits)
Storytelling should be part of a student’s educational experience because it is a literacy activity, a listening activity and a means of appreciating cultural diversity! In this course, renowned storytellers from across our nation share selections of stories from folk tales to animal tales to their own creations. Interviewed by SCETV, the tellers share information on the storytelling process and provide useful tips. And, they each demonstrate good storytelling techniques that both teachers and students can emulate. (Recommended for teachers of all grade levels)
- Between the Waters: History Across the Curriculum at Hobcaw Barony, Series I (20 renewal credits)
This innovative course provides engaging ways to integrate history using SCETV’s immersive website Between the Waters. Series I walks participants through the site, guiding an exploration of Hobcaw Barony’s history from Native American life through slavery, Reconstruction and both World Wars by examining focus sites on topics including food, hunting, sports, architecture, religion, art, and nature. Interviews with well-known scholars, archival film and photographs, nature footage, and classroom lesson plans provide a picture of the Baruch family’s Hobcaw retreat near Georgetown that is a South Carolina treasure. (Recommended for teachers of grades 3-12)
- Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series I (20 renewal credits)
Teaching and learning today is much more than the traditional lecture-based classroom, face-to-face interaction. Teachers are the facilitators of learning and must be learners themselves. The ETV and PBS programs in this course share messages of courage in education – to take risks, to advocate, to lead, and to share ideas. From looking at teacher training and retention to digital literacy and education options for students, from experiencing a year in schools in a struggling community to examining college/career readiness, these programs allow us to learn from education leaders, students and teachers, and parents and community partners who work to make a difference in our SC classrooms. (Recommended for teachers of all grade levels)
Other Popular Courses:
Making Connections with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, A Literary Tour of SC, Career Education for Student Success, The Arts and Career Connections, Take on the South with Dr. Walter Edgar, SC Chronicles, SC Teachers on Teaching, The Habitable Planet, The Arts in Every Classroom, Write in the Middle
All course descriptions, register/pay: http://www.scetv.org/teacher-recertification
How do you find out about ETV PD? SIGN UP to receive the ETV ed-news bulletin and invite your colleagues, too! Go to the ETV Education home page. Scroll to the very bottom and look for “Sign up for our newsletter.” Put in your information; then select “Education.” http://www.scetv.org/education
Questions/Need Help? (Toll free) 1-888-761-8132/1-800-277-3245 or (Local) 803-737-9915/737-3245