ETV Education’s new Educator Guest Blogger Series , featuring South Carolina educators recognized for innovation in the classroom, kicked-off in August! Our guest bloggers...
ETV Education: LearningWhy, Carolina Classrooms + More
SCETV’s innovative LearningWhy offers complete PreK-12 project-based, 1-to-1 and traditional classroom lessons, all vetted and editable.
Designed to promote student achievement and meet the needs of our SC educators, this newest of ETV’s free services is available to ALL South Carolina educators - public, private, charter, virtual or home schools.
Create your own free account:
With your account to LearningWhy you may access complete PreK-12 classroom lessons. But, that’s not all! In LearningWhy teachers can share their ‘A-Ha Moments’ with other teachers using the Learning Outcomes feature.
How does this work?
- Register with LearningWhy
- Create a profile
- Upload or use a lesson in LearningWhy
- Click on Learning Outcomes feature
- Share pictures or videos of your awesome classroom ‘A-Ha’ moments
- Let others revel in your teaching AWESOMENESS!
And there’s more!
In addition to providing access to LearningWhy lessons, your free account will also allow access to secure resources housed in the Knowitall.org “ETV StreamlineSC Collection.”
In www.Knowitall.org, you’ll find the rich programs that SCETV produced and national programs with rights for SC schools to use also housed in the “ETV StreamlineSC Collection.” Access to most of the resources in knowitall.org is password free. However, to access the secure national and some ETV-produced programs, including Magic School Bus (provided through a partnership with our SC State Library), Baker’s Dozen, Scholastic Children’s Stories, America at Its Best, etc. (“lock” icon indicates secure), SC educators must create their FREE LearningWhy account that will give access to ETV’s secure assets in Knowitall.org and to the complete lesson plans in the new LearningWhy lesson plan service. One account gives access to both!
- ETV’s educational series Carolina Classrooms usually airs the last Wednesday of the month, but the next edition will be November 21st! This special program will explore ways to get kids excited about science. Project SEED, one initiative we'll feature, is a program through USC and the American Chemical Society that gives high school students the opportunity to work in a real lab setting with mentors to learn about science and science careers! Mark your calendar now for November 21 at 7 p.m. on SCETV.
- Carolina Classrooms features online education stories in addition to broadcast programs! Visit our website carolinaclassrooms.org for education stories from around our state that showcase students involved in science, technology, engineering and math, as well as stories about the arts, writing, nutrition, education policy, and more.
- Join ETV Education on Facebook! Visit SCETV Education to like our page and get updates on PD courses and classroom resources!
- Invite your colleagues to sign up to receive the ETV Education online newsletter! The ed-news bulletin is emailed 10 times a year to provide key information on new SCETV Education services, free technology training, renewal/graduate courses, and SCETV/PBS programming. Go to www.scetv.org/education - look at bottom of page. Click “Education Newsletter.”
We want to serve you! Questions or concerns … please contact us:
800-277-3245 (toll free) 803-737-3245 (local)