Kicking off the new season in ETV’s Carolina Classrooms series is our annual Making College Affordable special on September 26, 7:00-8:00 p.m. Financial aid professionals...
Easily Accessible, Affordable, Content-Rich Renewal Courses
ETV Teacher Recertification offers courses in ELA, science, social studies, the arts, career education, natural history, and more … to meet your SC teaching license renewal needs. Each course earns 20 renewal credits (NO graduate credit). Cost: $75 each. Courses approved by SC Department of Education for renewal credit, facilitated online and self-paced. Work anytime from anywhere!
“These courses exceeded expectations: Lessons excellent and motivating with structure and organization clear and concise. Amount of work was fair and appropriate. I would recommend because the content of the videos is so rich and there are so many good ideas and concepts for teachers to use.”
FALL session registration: September 4 - October 16
FALL session course dates: October 1 - December 4
- Courses will open October 1 for participants to begin work
- Participants must complete work by December 4
REGISTER beginning September 4:
New Courses Added in 2018:
- Between the Waters: History Across the Curriculum at Hobcaw Barony, Series I enables educators to learn to use this innovative, interactive, rich site! If you love SC history, you’ll enjoy and learn with this course about the Georgetown-area historic site that includes historical topics from Native American life through slavery, Reconstruction and both World Wars. Interviews, archival footage and lesson plans included. (Recommended for teachers of grades 3-12)
- The Teaching and Learning in Carolina Classrooms, Series I course is similar to our popular SC Teachers on Teaching courses. Explore key education topics, including Education Options for Students, Teacher Training and Retention, Digital Literacy, College and Career Readiness, and more. Plus get inspired by outstanding education teacher leaders. (Recommended for teachers of all grade levels)
- Media specialists and classroom teachers have given good feedback on our new course entitled Connecting with Literacy Through Storytelling! Teachers and media specialists of all grade levels benefit from hearing from this group of distinguished tellers about their craft as a literary activity. Techniques and tips are adaptable for any age! (Recommended for teachers of all grade levels)
Other Popular Courses:
- Check out Making Connection with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, Series I & Series II. These two 20 renewal credit courses are designed for teachers of all grades. Each course helps teachers integrate natural history into any curriculum to make connections and engage students! (For teachers of all grade levels) (Plus … Rudy’s 60 renewal credit course will be offered in Winter session 2019!)
- Career Education is important on all grade levels … learn more about CTE in our state with Career Education for Student Success and The Arts and Career Connections courses. (For teachers of all grade levels)
- Discover more SC history with historian Dr. Walter Edgar in the SC Chronicles courses (I, II, III, IV, V, VI and VII) and Take on the South with Dr. Walter Edgar. (For teachers of all grade levels)
- And, don’t forget popular A Literary Tour of SC, Series I, II and III courses, featuring SC-connected authors who talk about the writing process, providing great insight and writing tips! (For teachers of all grade levels)
So … Whether you want to experience learning with renowned Naturalist Rudy Mancke or SC History expert Dr. Walter Edgar OR seek to glean new ideas on teaching writing for all grade levels with SC-connected authors or need to learn more about Career Education in our state OR maybe you just want to be inspired by our finest SC educators … these courses are for you!
Questions? ETV Learn Online toll free 1-888-761-8132/1-800-277-3245 or local 803-737-9915/737-3245