TEACHERS AND STUDENTS! DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE PART IN THE RECONSTRUCTION VIRTUAL CLASSROOM EVENT! In support of Henry Louis Gates’ debut of the Reconstruction:...
50th Edition, Guest Blogger Series and Free Services
ETV Education’s ed-news bulletin
This issue is the 50th edition of the ETV Education ed-news bulletin with news just for you! The ed-news provides short bulleted information, linking to the Education Blog. It is produced 10 times a year (the November/December – this edition – is a dual issue and there is no edition produced for July) and emailed to educators around the first of the month so you can get the latest news about SCETV education services, free video resources, training and PD courses, and PBS/ETV programming!
Please invite your colleagues to sign up to receive the ETV online ed-news bulletin: Go to ETV Education home page. Scroll to the very bottom and look for “Sign up for our newsletter.” Put in name and email; then select “Education.” Spread the word! http://www.scetv.org/education
ETV Education’s Educator Guest Blogger Series
ETV Education’s new Educator Guest Blogger Series, featuring South Carolina educators recognized for innovation in the classroom, kicked-off several months ago! Our guest bloggers include additional PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator winners, educators who earn the new PBS Media Literacy Certification, and other educators recognized for their skilled use of technology in the classroom.
Our new ETV Education Guest Blogger Series feature is by Karen Ogen, Magnet Program Lead, Bradley Elementary in Richland One. Holding two Masters Degrees, one in Technology Integration and the other in Educational Administration, Karen is a National Board Certified Teacher and was also selected as a PBS Digital Innovator.
Be sure to check out Karen Ogen’s blog entitled “12 Ways Technology Can Support Authentic Learning.”
VIEW other Educator Guest Blogger Series Posts:
- October Educator Guest Blogger Series post by Ashley Fort, Digital Learning Coach for Lexington School District 3 (Batesburg-Leesville) and 2017 Lead PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator for SC: We All Must Teach Digital Citizenship: Ideas for Teachers to Incorporate Digital Citizenship into Their Instruction
- September Educator Guest Blogger Series post by Carla Jefferson, Darlington County Schools and the 2016 Lead PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator for SC: Successfully Starting Off the School Year with Classroom Technology
- August Educator Guest Blogger Series post by Adam Babcock, Spartanburg District 7 and 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator: Parenting Students with School-Assigned Devices
ETV’s LearningWhy – Complete Lesson Plans
SCETV’s innovative LearningWhy offers complete Pre-K-12 project-based, 1-to-1 and traditional classroom lessons, all vetted and editable. Designed to promote student achievement and meet the needs of our SC educators, this newest of ETV’s free services is available to ALL South Carolina educators - public, private, charter, virtual or home schools.
Create your own free account:
In addition to providing access to LearningWhy lessons, your free account will also allow access to secure resources housed in the Knowitall.org “ETV StreamlineSC Collection.”
In www.Knowitall.org, you’ll find the rich programs that SCETV produced and national programs with rights for SC schools to use also housed in the “ETV StreamlineSC Collection.” Access to most of the resources in knowitall.org is password free. However, to access the secure national and some ETV-produced programs, including Magic School Bus (provided through a partnership with our SC State Library), Baker’s Dozen, Scholastic Children’s Stories, America at Its Best, etc. (“lock” icon indicates secure), SC educators must create their FREE LearningWhy account that gives access to ETV’s secure assets in knowitall.org and to the complete lesson plans in the new LearningWhy lesson plan service. One account gives access to both!
South Carolina’s PBS LearningMedia
South Carolina’s PBS LearningMedia, your source for national content including valuable PBS programs and segments for educational use, has been redesigned with a new look and SEARCH feature! SCETV and PBS have curated FREE, standards aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for teachers like you!
Browse by SUBJECT or by GRADE. Check out the “New and Events” feature and “Award-winning Series and Collections!” Just a few resources you’ll find: Ken Burns: Teaching American History and Culture, Will Kratts, Daily News Story, Crash Course, Peg+ Cat, Frontline, Planet H20, and Careers in STEAM Subjects.
- LEARN more about the new design and user experience for Pre-K through 12th grade educators and students: http://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/pbs-learningmedia-unveils-new-design-and-user-experience-for-pre-k-through-12th-grade-educators-and-students/
- CREATE your FREE account (if you don’t have one!) to gain full access to South Carolina’s PBS LearningMedia: https://scetv.pbslearningmedia.org/
With your free account that allows full access, you’ll be able to use these features: Save and Organize Resources; See State Standards; Manage Classes and Assignments; Sync with Google Classroom; and Create Lessons, Puzzles and Games, and Customized Dashboard.
PBS LearningMedia is brought to you by SCETV
So … create your FREE account and explore!
We want to serve you! Questions or concerns … please contact us:
800-277-3245 (toll free) 803-737-3245 (local)