In the wake of Hurricane Florence and the related flooding, PBS KIDS is making three timely programs from ARTHUR, DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, and SESAME STREET available...
Go Back to School with PBS TeacherLine
Take a class while teaching one? Yes, with PBS TeacherLine -- the flexible, online delivery makes it possible and the high-quality makes it worthwhile! Fall renewal/graduate credit courses begin September 13 and October 11, 2017, or enroll in a ‘mini’ self-paced course for a quick boost.
Sample fall renewal/grad credit courses:
- RDLA152 [R2S-approved] An Intro. to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction
- RDLA157 [newly revised] Teaching Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
- MATH512 Achieving Learning Goals through Accomplished Mathematics Instruction
- MATH165 Enabling Students with Special Needs to Succeed in Math Class
- TECH575 Leveraging Smart and Social Digital Media in the Classroom
- INST325 Using Assessment and Evaluation
- SCIE602 Accomplished Science Teaching: Building Student Understanding
- SCIE572 The Habitable Planet: A Systems Approach to Environmental Science—A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
These 6-week courses offer a collaborative learning environment with a robust discussion forum where educators share ideas and instructional strategies with peers and reflect on their beliefs. Masters-level, highly-qualified facilitators guide discussions, encourage participation, and provide ongoing feedback. Course content includes the rich use of video, audio, and interactives to make learning come alive and relates directly to curriculum and classroom activities, including designing projects or lesson plans incorporating course materials. Courses earn renewal credits, or, for an additional fee, graduate credit.
Sample self-paced courses open anytime:
- LEAD1103 [free!] Positive Behavior in Schools III: Bullying Prevention
- LEAD1161 [free!] Formative Assessment in Practice: Secondary Classrooms
- MATH1011 Fostering Mathematical Reasoning Skills
- MATH1035 Connecting with the Sounds and Motions of Mathematics
- TECH1215 Integrating Technology into Project Based Learning
- TECH1205 Approaches to Digital Assessment in Your Classroom
- SOST1005 Developing Historical Thinking Skills
- SOST1025 Geography and Environment in American History
- SCIE1005 Demographic Dynamics
- SCIE1015 Earth's Changing Climate
These "bite-sized" professional learning opportunities will spark new ideas, expand your skill set, and energize your classroom! Explore course content, watch videos, complete interactive labs, and take self-assessments at your own pace for up to one year after the purchase date. *Given the small number of instruction hours per course, please check with your school/district authority for any credit acceptance.
ETV is here to assist you with any TeacherLine questions or concerns you may have. Please read our FAQs or call us at 1-800-277-0829.
Happy teaching, and learning!