Srikanth Pilla is a man of many degrees — receiving his B.S., M.S., and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering before attending Stanford University to complete his postdoctoral...
South Carolina ETV digital series ‘Backroad Bites’ to launch September 12
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV) today announced the launch of a new digital series, “Backroad Bites.” Featuring 10, three to five-minute episodes, each episode will spotlight a different local eatery in South Carolina, with the first scheduled to be released on the network’s Facebook page at 1 p.m. on Thursday, September 12.
Produced by SCETV Digital Media Manager Tabitha Safdi, the series marks the first time that the network has premiered a digital program on its Facebook page.
“Backroad Bites” was shot over the summer and aims to do much more than just highlight great food. The series seeks to explore the culture of South Carolina through these local restaurants, which have become institutions in their respective communities. Please see below for the episode listing and release dates.
- September 12: Kicker’s (Greenwood, S.C.)
- September 19: Juniper (Ridge Spring, S.C.)
- September 26: Miller’s Bread Basket (Blackville, S.C.)
- October 3: Aunny’s Country Kitchen (Georgetown, S.C.)
- October 10: Boots’ and Sonny’s (Landrum, S.C.)
- October 17: Kitchen 27 (Ridgeville, S.C.)
- October 24: Boats N Hoagies (McClellanville, S.C.)
- November 7: Charlene’s Home Cooking (Moore, S.C.)
- November 14: The River’s Edge (Cheraw, S.C.)
- November 21: Boykin Company Grille (Rembert, S.C.)
Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of “Backroad Bites” are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For more on “Backroad Bites,” visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites.
“South Carolina is home to some of the best local restaurants in the world, and we’re proud to have an opportunity to showcase those establishments and explore the role they play in the culture of this great state.” –SCETV President and CEO Anthony Padgett
“While traveling across the state to visit with the owners of these eateries, one thing became clear – it’s all about family. In many cases, these are family-owned and operated establishments, and they serve the families in their communities. I’m grateful that they allowed us to share their family stories.” –“Backroad Bites” Executive Producer Tabitha Safdi
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- SCETV today announced the launch of a new digital series, “Backroad Bites.”
- Episodes will be released on the South Carolina ETV Facebook page on Thursdays at 1 p.m., with the first scheduled for release Thursday, September 12.
- “Backroad Bites” seeks to explore the culture of South Carolina through local eateries.
- Viewers that wish to engage with SCETV and the creators of “Backroad Bites” are encouraged to use the #BackroadBites and #SCETVDigital hashtags on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- For more on “Backroad Bites,” visit www.scetv.org/backroad-bites.