South Carolina State House VR
To start viewing the VR on a desktop computer, press the play button.
The South Carolina State House's main lobby includes the outside facade, the false dome, the dome room, which leads to the outer dome, and hand-carved mahogany doors, which provide entrance to the Joint Legislative Conference Room. As is common with other areas of the State House, memorials, statuary, and other objects of art can be seen in the main lobby. These include a marble replica of the Ordinance of Secession, a memorial plaque dedicated to Revolutionary War heroine Emily Geiger, a life-size statue of South Carolina statesman John C. Calhoun, and three extremely rare examples of stained glass found over the mahogany doors in the main lobby with a much larger example of stained glass, using the same technique found above the doors, inset into the wall of the main lobby balcony. Entrances to the Senate Chamber and the House Chamber are off the main lobby.
To View VRs on the Matterport App:
The 3D experiences were shot with a Matterport Pro 3D Camera.
Experience the VRs using the Matterport phone apps with either a Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR.
(1) Download the iOS or Android app to your phone
(2) Use your phone's browser to go to the VR link at The South Carolina State House.
(3) When you click on a link, the Matterport App will open on your phone.
(4) The VRs will need to download to the app prior to viewing.
(5) Look for the visual queues (circles) to navigate through the VR experience.