ETV provides quality professional development for South Carolina educators, continuing its strong commitment to education. Over 50 courses, including TWO NEW courses, for 20...
PBS TeacherLine Offers Spring Courses on a New Platform and for 20% Off!
PBS TeacherLine is offering its spring professional development courses on a new platform, Canvas, AND with a 20% discount offer to boot! With the change to Canvas, learners will see improved course navigation and easier access to videos embedded in the course. The new platform will also allow PBS to more readily update and adapt the courses with various plug-in apps.
The 20% discount applies to all full-priced, spring facilitated courses offered to begin March 14 and April 18. BONUS: For a limited time, PBS is offering 50% off two of its newest courses: Vocabulary as a Foundation for Learning, and Phonemic Awareness & Phonics: A Window Into Exemplary Instruction!
TeacherLine's facilitated courses are SDE-approved to earn SC Renewal Credits (20, 40 or 60 depending on the course) and most also offer Graduate Credits (1, 2 or 3 depending on the course). Read to Succeed (R2S) ‘Foundations in Reading’ course credit is also available for one course, RDLA152.
Sample Facilitated Courses to Begin March 14, 2018:
- RDLA272: [New] Vocabulary as a Foundation for Learning (PreK-3)
- RDLA152: [R2S-approved] An Introduction to Underlying Principles and Research for Effective Literacy Instruction
- TECH195: Graphic Organizers for 21st Century Learning
- TECH522: Online Facilitator Training I: Mastering the Skills of Online Teaching
- SCIE611: [New] Teaching Animal Adaptations in the Inquiry-Based Classroom
- MATH522: Teaching Math (Gr K-2): A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner
- INST342: Teaching with Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
"The class was great. The instructor was very professional and extremely helpful. I learned many helpful reading strategies to use with my students."
~ C. McCurry, Barnwell 45 [RDLA152]
Sample Facilitated Courses to Begin April 18, 2018:
- INST310: Inquiry-Based Learning in the Classroom
- SCIE621: [New] Teaching Energy and Motion in the Inquiry-Based Classroom
- MATH330: Differentiating Math Lessons for a Range of Learners
- RDLA051: Raising Readers: Preparing Preschoolers for Success
- RDLA257: [New] Phonemic Awareness & Phonics: A Window Into Exemplary Instruction
- RDLA267: [New] Teaching Phonics & Spelling for Beginning and Transitional Readers, Second Edition
- TECH570: Fundamentals of Virtual K-12 Teaching
“I have loved taking online courses through PBS TeacherLine. It is informative and works well with educators going back for recertification.”
~ Tassy Mannis, SC Educator [RDLA157, RDLA125, RDLA051, INST320, MATH250]
View all facilitated courses offered this spring, get the details, and enroll soon.
Remember, we also offer quick, ‘mini’, self-paced courses that are perfect for sparking new ideas and energizing your classroom.